Frustrating AOL/Yahoo conflicts

Discussion in 'PC Help Desk' started by Melynda, May 17, 2005.

1. Melynda

Melynda Well-Known Member

Today has been very frustrating. I spent almost 7 hours on the phone/sending email back & forth to AOL trying to figure out why I couldn't send an email out to my neighborhood. I try to send a little monthly newsletter out to my neighbors in my subdivision. This is something I've done for more than a year on a voluntary basis. In April, my neighborhood email was blocked due to AOL security issues. After spending almost 8 hours on the phone with various AOL employees, my AOL address was added to a "White List" capable of sending out bulk e-mail. This morning when I tried to email the neighborhood newsletter - I was blocked once again. After many hours and much inaccurate advice from various AOL staff, an individual in management at AOL was able to help. Apparently there is some problem between Yahoo & AOL. If you are sending mass (they couldn't define "mass" they said the number changed daily to a limit somewhere between 30 & 300?) emails from AOL to including Yahoo email accounts and the email contains a hyperlink (www or http) you will get the following message: "You are blocked from sending email messages see KW: Rate Limits for Details". After many hours I was told I had to split my yahoo email addresses into a different mailing list/group and send them out separately from the others. In addition, all hyperlinks had to be removed from the email. What a pain. The sad part is that a couple of the AOL employees I spoke with today advised me to use Yahoo to send out mass emails rather than AOL so such issues could be avoided. It's a shame when a free email service offers more functionality that one you pay for?

2. space_cowboy

space_cowboy Well-Known Member

thats aol for ya. theyre trying to cut down on spam - which is a good thing - but unfortunately legit users get caught up in that mess. id just use yahoo from now on. i have some gmail accts if you want one.

3. appcomm

appcomm Well-Known Member

AOL is a 4-letter word. 8)

4. space_cowboy

space_cowboy Well-Known Member

haha true huh :lol:

5. rockyv

rockyv Guest

or even
    AOsmell