Funny thought

Discussion in 'Cat Dog' started by ready2cmyKing, Dec 1, 2004.

1. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

Okay, I ALMOST posted this on the WRONG board!

It just occured to me, I wonder if "we" (registered, non animal-gassing-funny-pictures-equals-animal-abuse-fanatics) ever come in contact with "them" (unregistered, animal-gassing-...fanatics) ? We might be served by them at Wendy's. Or for all we know, they might be our next door neighbors' teenagers. Just struck me as funny that we all live in this area (except for you Dave) and there is no telling how many times we might have, or will, run across each other's paths in our REAL lives - and we would never know that they're "them" and they'd never know that we're "us". Know what I mean? 8)

2. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Yep, sure do!

3. corrosion

corrosion Well-Known Member

yeah,we might even speak to them,i might say something like''get out of my trashcan you urchin!!"

4. ready2cmyKing

LOL!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol:

5. S.A.F.L.

S.A.F.L. Well-Known Member

According to most of them they are my neighbors so I guess they see me everyday walking with the kids!!!!! Except for today!!!!!!

6. ready2cmyKing

Are you feeling better? Oops, I'm on the wrong board to ask that question.

7. S.A.F.L.

A little bit!!!!!! If I wake up as like I did this morning I think I am going to the doc. Just enjoying a cup of OJ and watching Sesame Street!!!!

8. daniellea

daniellea Well-Known Member

This is by no means meant as an insult, SAFL, but you must be the most excited person I've ever not-met! I've never seen so many !!!

9. S.A.F.L.

What can I say, 2 kids are a lot of excitement!!!!!!!!! Sesame Street at 8pm!!!!!!! Elmo's voice doesn't help the headache!!!!!!!

10. daniellea

daniellea Well-Known Member

Ugh, mine are watching the same thing!

La-da-da-da, la-da-da-da, Elmo's world...

I'm just waiting around for it to hit 8, then off to bed! And Lost, for me!

11. S.A.F.L.

CBS has Rudolph on at 8pm!!!! You should let them stay up and watch it!!!! Talk about animal abuse!!!!!! Santa even rejected that cute little Reindeer!!!!!!!!

12. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member

Corrosion, I have been told that I am funny before on these boards, but I don't hold a candle to you. You just called somebody an urchin. I will spent the rest of my time on these boards trying to beat that. I laughed so hard, I felt like I had just been partially gassed. Urchin!!?!?!?! I couldn't come up with that word if you gave me the first 2 letters.

13. peppercorns

peppercorns Well-Known Member

We may never know the subversive tactics of our very own neighbors.

Sounds very CIA-ish.

I could be a nice lady at Food Lion on line or the pain -in -the-butt that flipped you off for not using a turn signal. It's usually pretty funny when you finally meet the people from on line. They never look like what you had thought.

Some will be wonderfully sweet and friendly, other will be evil wenches and urchins. :D

14. ready2cmyKing

Peppercorns, would you mind explaining your involvement with the whole gas chamber matter for me? I've tried to figure it all out from the messages on the Discussion board, but its too confusing with all the guests' posts. And I certainly don't have the time or energy to read ALL the posts on this board. So, what is your stance on the subject and by whom have you been labeled a "troublemaker"? Thanks! :D

15. peppercorns

OK - My personal feeling are this.

I hate the darn thing. I would love to see it go but I am uncertain of the pacticality of getting rid of it right away. I want to see the animals put down in a more humane way not struggling for breath in fear, crammed in there with other dogs biting each other. I think it is horrible. A quiet, quick shot would be a lot more humane. Truthfully, I hate the thought that they are being put down at all, but I guess that is part of the reality of the entire animal situation. We have too many unspayed pets, making more pets and not enough homes for all of them.
    I think we may need to keep the chamber only for wild or dangerous animals that a vet or vet tech can't approach safely with a needle. I do not want to see people get hurt. I should hope that a good shelter manager would call for the chamber only to be used as a last resort, not a daily task.
    I do not know how other counties in opther parts of the county handle this matter. I would research that and find out if I thought the powers that be in Johnston County would listen to me.

16. ready2cmyKing

Thank you for answering that for me. I hate the thought of animals being put down, in any way! I really do love animals, even if I do poke a little fun at the anti-gas threads on the discussion board. Believe me when I say that, - I went to school to be a vet tech because of my love for them. But, it isn't the message thats gets made fun of, its the immature way its being handled. Wouldn't you agree?

I still don't understand why you were labeled a troublemaker though.

17. peppercorns

That makes two of us. I even returned to some of the first things I wrote and I still don't see anything that was terrible or offensive. Annoying, yes. LOL