Gas Prices

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Rockyv58, Jul 10, 2012.

1. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Yesterday I had to run out to Cary. I noticed that the Wilco/Hess on Rt42 was at $3.06 and while in Cary I noticed a BP on Cary Parkway was at $3.39 a gallon. Wow what a price difference. And the BP had a gallon of milk at $4.99.

2. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Yesterday I was in Riverton, Wyoming (oil country with a refinery just down the road) and gas averaged $3.50 a gallon. Casper it was in the $3.20 $3.30 range, so much for the drill and reduce thought process.

3. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

Interesting. Wyoming ranks 49th in state gas taxes as well. I imagine the consumption levels in Wyoming have something to do with it.

4. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

As opposed to the import and reduce thought process which would certainly be cheaper, right?

5. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

It's $3.05 up the road from work, I'll be stopping afterwhile. :mrgreen:

6. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

Spring Lake, outside of Fayetteville 2.99.

Murells Inlet, SC 2.77 3.14 for premium.

7. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

Why is it that when the price of a barrel of oil goes up or some wacko blows himself up in the Middle East the price of gas jumps up overnight, but when oil prices tumble, gas prices take weeks to trickle back down?

8. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Evidently

9. Emma Caroline

Emma Caroline Well-Known Member

I stopped for gas at the exxon at the corner of 42 and cornwallis and thier pumps did not hav eth sticker that sys may contail 10% ethonol. All the other pumps I go to seem to have the sticker. I asked the clerk if she knew if it was oure gas and she did not. Do you think it is pure? Do the stations have to have the stickers if they add ethonol? It is a few cents more than the Hess stations but I will certainly go there if it is really pure gas.

10. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

They have to disclose if it contains ethanol i believe.

11. hhicshg

hhicshg Well-Known Member

Hught, are the refineries just down the road for crude or are they processing natural gas. I have not been in that area in a long time but still have a few friends around there so will see if I can get any sensible answers. I do know they had a great amount of work dealing with natural gas at one time. However, all that crude
    in North Dakota and Montana should have some trickle down effect...Yeh right---haul it right down the middle of the country and export it offshore to be processed. Well maybe to the gulf or to the west coast.

12. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Audited a transportation company yesterday and they mentioned the refinery just down the road, so I imagine it is an oil refinery. I have worked the acid refinery in Riverton before, but never saw an oil refinery.

13. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

14. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Anyone know why Murphy @ Walmart on 42 hasn't posted their prices since yesterday morning? Their pumps shows 3.13 for regular, are they hoping to suck people in thinking its still 3.06?

15. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

The place up the road from me went from 3.06 to 3.15 the NEXT day? That's just effed up. :?

16. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

17. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

What, that 95 people die trying to hop into an overturned ambulance?

18. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

19. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

It was a "be thankful for" comment, toolbox. Know when to give it a rest.

20. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

Special $00.15/gal discount at participating Murphy Gas stations if you use Wally World Credit Card through 12/24/2012. Yesterday at Murphy on US 70 in Clayton I paid $3.569/gal. Posted price was $3.719/gal.
    Last time I checked Murphy at 40/42 will not accept Wally World Credit Cards. This location advised me when they first opened that only Murphy "kiost stores" accepted WalMart Credit Cards.