Get Ready West Johnston!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Grinder, May 4, 2012.

1. Resident

Resident Well-Known Member

What teacher is this? And what's the "alleged" offense? I'm confused. (Typical for me, though).

2. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

Wow...I guess from an outsider point of view, given the fact that they have teachers so scared they will resign, it's a good time for any Jo.Co. school to "clean house" and get rid of any teachers they don't like. Hmmm...let's tell a teacher a complaint has been filed and they can resign and it all goes away. Or choose to stick around and fight it and well, we know what happens to those good guys! Or hey, if you're a student with a grudge against a teacher, go tell the school admin something nasty about them knowing that in the end, one way or another, the teacher will lose his/her job.

3. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

Apparently, in this case, a complaint was charged against him last year and was warned to "stop". Evidently he did not and a complaint from the same people was charged last week against him. Now, he has resigned stating that he has suddenly became very ill and unable to work any more.

4. LovingLife10

LovingLife10 Well-Known Member

Grinder, I realize that people on this forum have vouched for you as being a nice guy who has good intentions, but all you are doing right now is perpetuating rumors that are inaccurate at best.

5. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

I don't know about that. He has been pretty accurate on several other issues, and from what I heard he's pretty close on this one.

6. Grinder

You think they are inaccurate? At best?

Sorry you feel that way.

Course, this board has never had a history of spreading rumors or false tales before, right?

In this case, however, it is quite possible that i am 100% accurate.

7. ferrickhead28

ferrickhead28 Well-Known Member

So what's the offense? Relations with a student(s)?

8. Grinder

To my understanding, inappropriate contact.

Its a little more than that, evidently, but thats the offense. Course, there is no real offense since he resigned and now its swept aside. Only way something will happen now is if the complaintant comes forward. Since he resigned the JoCo Sheriff will not investigate and the School Board will only say that he resigned or that he is no longer employed with JoCo.

So unless the student or student's family comes forward, for now, its another successful cover-up by the JoCo School Board.

Only it didnt work out so well for the Board in the Canally case.

9. J34

J34 Well-Known Member

even if he is...totally his right. i, for one, look to this board for information...whether it's fact or rumor is for me to investigate via other avenues. again, can't be everywhere at once, and with only elementary school aged kids, i don't take the time to pay attention to the middle or high schools yet, so i'm glad someone is. mostly i take this post like i do all the others on this board that point to an event...a stepping off point for digging for more info if it concerns me.

10. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

from what I understand, the student in question is 18....which is 'of age'. :?

11. VolleyGrl

VolleyGrl Well-Known Member

What/who is your source for this information? Have you or a loved one had some beef with the school board? You sound bitter, which is fine. Don't get me wrong. I'm bitter about a lot of things :lol: and don't hold that against someone, but you're clearly telling one side of a story and with an obviously biased slant so I'm curious as to how you know all the inner workings of the school board and what is going on behind the scenes.

12. Grinder

Fair questions.

I have a source. Lets leave it at that. It works for media reporters.

Myself or a loved one have a beef with the school board. Not really. My whole interaction with the school board did not start until the James McNamara case. Before then, i could not have told you who all the Board members were.

Why am i only telling one side of things? Because no one from the Board or the Sheriff's office nor the DA will speak about anything. My whole concern started with the McNamara case. My son is on the wrestling team and McNamara is/was the coach. You have read what a farce that has turned out to be. It is because of that case that i, and many others, have become aware of how the Board really works, especially with old cases. Since we believe Mr. McNamara to be 100% innocent we continue to point out how the Board really works. These people are accountable to no one except the voters of the County. So, it has become my job, and others as well, to start informing people of how the Board works.

If one does not care, then simply skip the thread. However regardless of how the Board tries to cover things up and sweep them to the side, there are employees in the system who are morally right and try and do the right thing and wants the Board and the School System to be held accountable.

You have never thought about it, i am sure, but since the Board members are elected, at any time they could just say...ok im done...and walk away. Regardless of circumstances and law suits against them (Hello to our Pennsylvania readers, we are with you) they can just resign, walk away and they are scott free. Seriously. Ed Croom could resign and face no consequences from the Boards actions or misdeeds. When the lawsuits hit (and they are coming) who has to pay them? Not the Board. The County will have to pay them. The School Board...they could just quit and walk away. No harm, no foul.

This is what we are fighting against. They do as they wish. They make policy as they go. They ignore policy and act illegally (as we have proven and they have seen us prove it and they dont like it) so yes, in my opinion the school board is a corrupt group, as a whole, and needs to be exposed for it.

I guess that is my bias.

13. momtofive

momtofive Well-Known Member

I became very aware of how the Johnston County BOE really works a few years ago, for different reasons, and I'm glad to see that others eyes are opening as well. It's for different reasons but it still is showing the Board members and Superintendent and his staff for who they really are. Hopefully this new-found awareness will show itself in November at the ballot box.

14. bulldawg

bulldawg Well-Known Member

What happened to this story?

Is he awaiting trial? Searched the web and didn't see much

[​IMG]

15. Grinder

There is a good chance this should end very soon. The accuser has given at least a 5th version of her story. Asst. D.A. is fed up and offered a plea deal with is nothing more than a slap on the wrist but the offer was refused. More people have come forward with what they know and things are looking very favorable for Mr. McNamara.

16. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

17. Lucky1

Lucky1 Well-Known Member

Didn't want to start a new thread, but change of main topic.

Is West a good place to work (generally speaking)? I know someone who is interested in a vacancy, but is hesitant because of lack of knowledge about the school from a teacher's perspective. Please don't use specific names. Message me if you prefer. TIA.