Girl's Softball

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 26, 2007.

1. Yeh...Yeh...I hear you have another opening. It is ok, I already know the answers. I just wanted to see if any of you would admit it and now I see what kind of person and organization you help run. Are you going to admit about the secret finance meeting on 6/25 that your not supposed to tell anyone about? Sorry, but I know more than you think don't I?

2. Pirate96

Pirate96 Guest

No government funds were used so it appears the best option would be to go to the meeting.

3. lindenul

lindenul Well-Known Member

Well why dont you show up to a meeting and let everyone know whats going on since you have all the answers?

If you are allowed.

Oh...and there is no super secret finance meeting on 6/25. You have wrong info there.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2007
  4. Wow, I can't believe you just compromised your integrity.

5. artis

artis Well-Known Member

I must say, as an outsider looking in, having been on the board in the past, you sound like an unhappy board member yourself. I agree that you have all the right in the world to be upset with the actions of Mr. Turner, but I do not believe it will do any good to accuse the entire board of directors for GCAA as you are doing. If you are not a board member, then perhaps you should attend the meetings they hold, become more involved for the good of your children and/or the community. As for the committee meeting(s) that are being held next week they can't be too super secret as I knew about them as well and I'm sure they wouldn't mind you sitting on those as either. GCAA is a board of small numbers compared to the actual number of kids they serve on an annual basis, they need a great deal of support from the community as a whole. Perhaps, rather than just trying to incite public hate for the organization, unless you yourself have a hidden agenda, step up and help out -- the board is entirely composed of volunteers, and it tends to always be the same group of folks serving due to a lack of support from the community. I know, I've been there -- I've seen it. It's not fair to slam the entire board for the actions of one individual who seems to have blatantly been anything but less than honest with the rest of them. Even though I no longer have any dealings with the association, other than the fact that I am a past board member, I totally respect everything they do for the community and I appreciate all that they do as well. God Speed GCAA!

6. Mr. Past President, I understand your loyalty to the program and I admire that. If you had read all of my post you would have seen that I am really only holding 2 people accountable. Let me include some of the wording that I have posted, "I believe that the main source of their problems is fixed now that the president resigned. I just find it irresponsible accouting is going on when you have members saying that they are having to pay bills with the fall money." and "There are members on the board that are good people and probably didn't know about half of this. That is what happens when you have over 20 hands in one pot. I truly feel sorry for them for having to go through this." I am not trying to promote hate towards the GCAA, but rather increase public knowledge on how this organization is being run and the careless use of the money that parents and sponsors have been putting into the program. They have a right to know. I spoke it and put it in a thread so it would not get much attention, but some members of the board felt like they had to come on here and attack me personally. When this statement was said last night, "Oh...and there is no super secret finance meeting on 6/25. You have wrong info there." I knew that any response I got was not going to be an honest one. This is my last entry because I have made my point but it could have gone away with just one honest answer.

Peace

7. bostonredhead

bostonredhead Well-Known Member

I can't even figure out what the heck your question is....