Got Snakes???

Discussion in 'Cat Dog' started by ktr, Jul 13, 2005.

1. ktr

ktr Guest

I am not sure if this is the appropriate place to be posting this, but my son (12yrs), wants a ball python. Does anyone in this forum know of anyone who wants to give on away? The trick is that he does not want one that eats only live food. I raised mice for years as a kid, and his brother has a pet rat. We can't bear having to give the snake an animal that we would have to kill first, or worse, giving it to him alive. :( Any info would be appreciated.

2. dundreamn

dundreamn Guest

snake

wasn't there one loose in pine level just a few weeks ago, I don't remember seeing anything about them finding them. Not knowing much about snakes, I didn't realize that they would eat anything but live prey? Thing to consider here is a snake is a "lifetime" committment, a friend of mine used to raise and sell them but she always said it took way to long to place them and everyone was always calling her to buy them back when their kids lost interest or went off to college and couldn't take the snake along. I beleive they still have a Reptile show at the Raleigh Fairgrounds once a year and they have all kinds of snake and reptile dealers exhibits etc. You might try calling and find out when it is this year. It's normally in the Jim Graham building.

3. ktr

ktr Guest

Thanks. I think I have a few leads. There are ways to get a snake to eat frozen, rodents, but it takes a little guts..you need to cut the skull open and expose the brain tissue.... after a few times, they are pretty used to them...I know that was too much information for you...It was for me when I read that. Yuck

4. dundreamn

dundreamn Guest

snakes

simply put "ewwwww yuck"