GREATER CLEVELAND CHAMBER OF COMMERCE HAPPENINGS

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by kaci, Mar 13, 2013.

1. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Weather is looking good for Saturday :)
    We will have Games, Entertainment, Vendors, Arts and Crafts, Pony Rides, Camel Rides, Food Trucks, etc. Bring your cameras too as Snowflake Queen and Spider Dude will be here for the kids along with lots of fun rides. There will be several raffles and plenty giveaways. We do allow you to bring your dogs but for their safety and the safety of others we require them on a leash. Bring the family and join us as we showcase what the Cleveland Township and area has to offer right at your own back door.

Stage Entertainment for 2015 Strawberry Festival is as follows:

9:00am - 10:15 Wade Hill
    1015:10:30 Redfield Art Martial Arts
    10:30-11:00 Triump/Un's Dragon Martial Arts
    11:00 11:30 Keith Rivenbark
    11:30 12:00 Step On Stage
    12: 00 -12:30 Quest Fellowship Worship Band
    12:30 1:00 Abby Stephen
    1:00-1:30 The Believers
    1:30 2:00 Jim Lezzer
    2:00-2:30 Neighbor Academy of Music
    2:30-3:30 Wellspring Community Praise Band

bulldawg likes this.
  2. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Thank you everyone that braved the weather Saturday and joined us for the annual Strawberry Festival. The morning was beautiful so i hope most of you came during that time but even in the pouring rain it was so awesome to still here the laughter and squiels from all the kids still riding the rides :)

3. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Time again for our annual golf tournament which has always proven to be a great fun event and from what i have heard from the participants one of the most fun golf tournaments in our area :) Below are details and if you are interested just let me know or contact the Chamber at 919-773-8448.

We are extremely excited about this year's GCCC 7th Annual Golf Tournament.
    Friday, June 5th check in - @ 11:30am, Tee time @ 1:00pm located @ Riverwood Golf Course. Our Title Sponsor: Arco Restoration. It is quickly shaping up to be the biggest and best one yet! Our tournament offers a LOT for your money.

AS A PLAYER, you receive lunch and dinner along with snacks, beer, assorted non-alcoholic beverages including Gatorade, sodas, water and a goody bag filled with promotional items from the Cleveland Community....all included in your registration fee. There is a chance to win a new car sponsored by Dyrke S. Maricle, State Farm Agent, experience other assorted mini-contests throughout the day. Along the way to the different holes, you will be greeted by different sponsors with tents containing setups promoting their business as well as free treats such as alcoholic and food items. Beverage Cart will be traveling the course during the event to meet your needs. As if this is not enough, there is a golf bag of goodies given to each player at registration, various door prizes, and a chance to participate in the Ball Drop Raffle. ALL THIS FOR ONLY $65/player, plus $10 for Mulligan Package!!!!!!
    Don't wait too long to register.....we only have room for 32 Teams.

Sherry A. likes this.
  4. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

It's time again to start planning for the annual Taste of Cleveland! This year the event will once again be held at the Landmark and the date is September 10th. Below is a post from the Taste of Cleveland facebook page and would love to get feedback from our local 4042ers too.

Vendor invites and apps have gone out by email for this year's upcoming Taste of Cleveland on September 10, 2015 at the Landmark. Looking forward to this event growing each year and more vendors participating. If you know of a vendor or restaurant, whether food or beverage, you would like to see there please have them contact me, Karen Cooper, at KCsConvertapurses@gmail.com for more information and application.

Sherry A. likes this.
  5. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

It's that time again, Celebrate Cleveland 4th of July celebration, this is the Chamber post about the event:

CELEBRATE CLEVELAND –Saturday, JULY 4, 2015
    7:00 a.m.- 9:00 a.m. – Breakfast with Youth at Oakland Church
    8:00 a.m. – Set up Booths – Rental fee is $35. Bring your own tent and table.
    10:00 a.m. - Parade – Arrive at line up between 9:15 and 9:45
    Ribbons for best decorated animal, wagon, tricycle, bicycle, golf cart, four wheeler, float, & costume. Antique and specialty cars and antique tractors are also invited to participate.
    Pre-Parade line-up procedure:
    • Antique and specialty cars will line up in McLemore Subdivision. Enter from McLemore Rd; please avoid driving along Fire Department Road if possible.
    • Other motorized vehicles (tractors, floats, golf carts, four wheelers, cars with dignitaries) report to Cleveland Fire Station to be directed to a line-up location along Fire Department Road.
    • Walkers and pedalers (bands, scout troops, wagons, bicycles, tricycles) line up along the entrance road to McLemore Subdivision (McDaniels Road). You may walk from the Fire Station along Fire Department Road to the line-up area, or you may be dropped off at the entrance to McLemore Subdivision.
    PLEASE DO NOT PARK along McDaniels Road in McLemore Subdivision.
    10:45 a.m. - Opening Ceremonies and parade ribbons presented – JCC Cleveland campus parking lot
    Games, bouncy fun, Pony Rides, Food and Entertainment
    12:00 pm -- Cleveland Fire Department Barbeque Plate Sale
    1:00 p.m. – Community Ball Game: For Information contact Michael Knott @ M_knott@yahoo.com
    7:00 p.m. - 9:15 p.m. – Street Dance –Band TBA
    9:15 p.m. - Fireworks
    For more information or to make contributions for fireworks: Call Chris Ellington at 919-989-1909
    Entertainment - Those interested in singing, dancing or playing in band – Contact Chris Ellington 919 989 1909
    NEED CONTRIBUTIONS FOR FIREWORKS – Make checks payable to Celebrate Cleveland and mail to Chris Ellington at 9039 Cleveland Rd Clayton NC 27520

6. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Come out this Saturday and help our local company, Family First Chiropractic Center, celebrate their Grand Reopening and Ribbon Cutting at their new location with lots of great fun for the whole family. The link to the facebook event is https://www.facebook.com/events/1062590927104194/

These are some of the fun things going on:

We will have
    CORN HOLE/BAGS
    A DUNK TANK (yes, Dr. C will be dunked!! and anyone else who is interested but plan ahead and bring a change of clothes if you plan on being dunked)
    A GIANT BOUNCY HOUSE!!
    MASSAGE (our massage therapist, Laneya will have a booth set up and I believe she will have her massage chair out there with her)
    CAN JAM
    Lots of FOOD (burgers, hot dogs, sides, etc)
    COLORING CONTEST
    Lots of RAFFLE PRIZES
    The first 50 people will get a free gift upon arrival!!!

image.jpg

7. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Kaci,

Thanks for taking the time out to keep everyone informed.

Sherry

kaci likes this.
  8. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Thanks Sherry, love my community and just want people to be able to take advantage of everything we have to offer here :)

Sherry A. likes this.
  9. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Hey Webbie, do we no longer have pinned threads? Just noticed i had to go 3 pages deep to find the local Chamber event thread.

10. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Webbie,

I agree with Kaci that this needs to be Pinned.

Sherry

11. poppin cork

poppin cork Well-Known Member

webbie,
    I don't think it needs a pin. LOL
    What the heck is this, a survey?

12. Webmaster

Webmaster Administrator

As part of the site updates, we are trying to avoid "sticky" posts as they tend to lose their effectiveness over time and crowd the top of the forum, especially for mobile viewers (which now composes more than 50% of our audience). Instead, we are encouraging the use of single posts that are specifically on target - such as the promotion of an upcoming event. A well worded, single topic subject line should attract more attention than the same, unchanging general subject line being pinned for long periods of time.

kaci and Sherry A. like this.
  13. poppin cork

Kaci and Sherry the suckups liked that. LOL

14. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Don't you have to yell at some kids to get off your lawn?

poppin cork likes this.
  15. poppin cork

No, I'd rather pee off adults by kidding with them. Wayne's lap is missing it's dog. Run along now.

16. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Poppin Cork the suckup liked that. LOL :D

17. poppin cork

:D

Hught likes this.
  18. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Just curious why you would have a problem with a like on a response that i agreed with to a question i asked? Sorry don't know you, not peed off but just wondering why would any adult do that?

Sherry A. likes this.
  19. poppin cork

So............ you and sherry liked it when webby, in essence, said no to what you were asking for. Yea......, lets pour a drink out of yours and sherry's bottle.

20. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

No i understood his reasoning and agreed with him, are you not familiar with what a like is on social media? Sorry, as i said before i have no idea who you are irl (that means in real life for the social media ignorant) but just curious as to why you would choose to have a problem with it?

Sherry A. likes this.