Harris Teeter triples Fri-Sun 5/19-05/21

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by frugalmomoftwo, May 15, 2006.

1. MissyPrissy

MissyPrissy Well-Known Member

Nsanemom, they converted me, it was pretty painless! :lol: I'm a freak'in coupon queen now!

2. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

The only thing "painful" about it is realizing how much money I've wasted over the years! :shock: :lol:

3. twinsmom

twinsmom Active Member

My triple savings!

6 trips later...

Shelf price $340.00
    Paid $86.00
    saved 75%

I'm soooooo happy and with 3 coupon inserts coming tomorrow, well lets just say I feel another HT run coming!!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Well-Known Member

back from out of town. will make my trips tomorrow. cant wait!!

btw, great job twinsmom!!!! :wink:

5. Debyan

Debyan Well-Known Member

"The register said -.02! LOVE IT!! " Wonderful Jen :shock: WOW :shock: That had to be a great feeling. My 2nd Trip to HT Shelf price $71.83 saved$56.76 paid $ 15.07 Happy Dance. This is addicting!

6. jtm

jtm Well-Known Member

The Success rice ready-to-eat was listed as one of the free deals at HT... I just found that there's a 50 cent coupon inside the package! So, you can turn around and get another free. And keep cycling until they run out of stock!

Unfortunately, it doesn't taste that good, but it'd be good to mix it with something as a snack.. :)

7. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

That is just ******* nuts!!!!

Went to LF with DH (had Ben&Jerry's coupons for him ~ he feels so special) :lol:

Saved 31.00 today at LF walked out paying $61 :?
    had some big ticket items to buy with only $1.00 coupons :roll:
    Everything I bought I had a coupon for except for Milk, DH's mushrooms, bread. DH's Millstone coffee is expensive but I did have 4 coupons for .75 off. Thank goodness

Nice to see Faye again!! 8)

8. Anonymous

ok i just don't understand all this. ya'll are going to 3, 4 and 5 times to the store and buying stuff. are you buying like 10 of this and 10 of that just for coupons? isn't it wasting money if you're buying something you dont' need just because you have a coupon? i don't get how any of this works. i guess i need to be converted as well.

9. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

The theory is, you stock up on stuff that you are going to use anyway, you don't buy stuff "just" because you have a coupon. Like me this morning at Lowe's, Hungry Jack pancake mix is on sale for 1.59, I had a 55 cent off coupon which tripled, so that made it 1.65 off, making the pancake mix FREE. I got two of those, so we will use it and it didn't cost me anything. This way, your pantry is full of cheap or free items, saving you those last minute trips to the store without coupons that cost you an arm and a leg. I got $107 worth of stuff for $23 between my two trips including GoTarts, soup, tea, BBQ sauce, shampoo, cream cheese, frozen waffles, ziploc bags, choc syrup, marinara sauce, cake frosting, taco kits, it just goes on and on, all normal stuff nearly everyone eats or uses.

10. Anonymous

That is great, kdc. and thanks for the info. maybe when things slow down at home i can take on of those classes and catch up with you guys.

11. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

No problem Tangy, happy to help! It is lots of fun! Faye's class is an awesome place to start and I'm sure any of us on here would be happy to help in any way we can.

12. Anonymous

i was at lowes food from 10 am til almost 1 pm. said hello to a lot of "binder people" plus i saw faye, her mom and fayes daughter. anyway, my total was 260.10 i payed 94.34. not to bad. had bf there and he did trips of 20 to the car...about 20.00 of that was things i had no coupon for...

yippieeeeeeeeee

13. Bren

Bren Well-Known Member

I finally did it!! After whining about the HT in Fuquay being out of so much on Friday, I went to the Holly Springs HT yesterday. (Thanks to the 2 binder carrying girls I saw in Lowes yesterday morning) Anyway, I got $49 worth of groceries for........... -2.09. I couldn't believe it!! If I had even been in my right mind I would have grabbed some gum or something. But I was so happy that it didn't dawn on me until the drive home!!!

Thanks for teaching us this stuff Faye! I have added up all my trips and here is my total....

Amount Before Coupons -- $485.00
    After Coupons -- $103.00
    Saved --$382.00

Bren

14. frugalmomoftwo

frugalmomoftwo Well-Known Member

Wow, Bren!! Great job with your savings! I really like that Holly Springs HT. Very clean, friendly staff, well stocked.

I went to the Lowe's Foods in Cary today. Both the Kildaire Farms store and the Tryon/Cary Pky store were very well stocked. Only one item they were out of at one of the stores-qualker rice cake minis in Ranch flavor. They had everything else I wanted.

15. froggerplus

froggerplus Well-Known Member

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Hang on...I have to go pick up my jaw....

Well, my trip yesterday to Lowes went much better than HT. I still haven't gotten it all together yet, and am going back during my lunch today. I'll post the results when I get back..

Faye, I'm out of pens again, lol. I had a lady stop me in the store and I gave her my pen to contact you for a class. Another lady stopped me who has a friend who took the class. As luck would have it, I was sandwiched between the two in the checkout. They were impressed, I was happy, and the rest of the day was beautiful :).

Frogger

16. froggerplus

froggerplus Well-Known Member

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Dang! There goes my jaw again...hang on...let me retrieve it....

BREN! WOW! I didn't know there was a HT in Holly Springs, hmmmm.....

What a great great shopping week you have had!

Frogger

17. frugalmomoftwo

frugalmomoftwo Well-Known Member

Will you be at dance Thursday? I'll bring pens.

Good job impressing the 2 future couponers-way to recruit!

You should check out the Holly Springs HT when you are in Cary. It is only about 10 minutes from the Kildaire HT and everyone is really nice!