have you bought a lottery ticket yet?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Anonymous, Apr 6, 2006.

?

have you bought a lottery ticket yet?

1. yes

100.0%
  2. no

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I am a stick in the mud, I dont agree with it and will never buy one!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Oy Yayoy

Oy Yayoy Well-Known Member

I bought a few today. Won a free ticket.

2. traveler

traveler Well-Known Member

I haven't but DH did, only 3 - 2 were losers and 1 was a get another ticket.

3. tawiii

tawiii Guest

Haven't been in a store that sells them yet.

4. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

I was in Food Lion on Timber Dr. night before last. My cashier and bag boy were talking about the tickets. Found out that FOOD LION sell them... between certain hours! :shock:

Hmmm, should I buy bread and peanut butter for the kids, or some lottery tickets??? :roll:

5. tawiii

tawiii Guest

Interesting. I would have never thought of grocery stores selling them. Must not sell them during peak hours.

6. elims

elims Well-Known Member

I just keep forgetting that stores sell them, despite the signs. Havent gone to a store specifically to buy lottery tix.

7. zookeeper

zookeeper Well-Known Member

Since the drawing started, between hubby and I bought 4 of the $5 ones and won 10.00; 8 of the $2 and won 15.00; 4 of the $1 NC ones and won 7.00; and 4 of the tic-tac-toe ones and won $1 and 1 ticket - which got us nothing. So, we are now at -$2.

I prefer numbers over scratch-offs, which when I lived up North I typically bought to place in with a birthday or Christmas card to friends and family. My sister hit $500 - twice on the birthday scratch offs...the most I ever won on a single scratch off was $20.

For the numbers games, the NJ Pick Six has bonus numbers, we hit the bonus number once, you all go to Atlantic City for the drawing, it was nicely done and lots of pomp and circumstance, in the drawing you are guaranteed $500 on up to 1 million - one person at the drawing walks away with the million...unfortunately it wasn't us, but we had fun with the $500 and it was a cool way to spend a day.

8. ubergeek

ubergeek Well-Known Member

I'll play the McDonald's Monopoly game, but I still get my Big Mac even if I don't win anything. I really don't plan on wasting any money on a slim chance to win money. Not that I disagree morally, it's just a probability thing. I don't like to spend money I don't have to spend especially with a low probability of the desired outcome.

I only enter to win things when its costs me nothing to enter....I am just a cheapskate....I'd be a terrible gambler. Raise me five? huh? fold

9. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Bought a $5 scratcher and won nothing. I'll more than likely wait for Powerball now. As to the Powerball I usually do a quickpick for 10 drawings. Which works out to me spending $10 every few weeks for a ticket.

Craig

10. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

11. Clif

Clif Guest

Cool! Less than a month and already over $51M!!!

12. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

13. ForeverFaithful

ForeverFaithful Well-Known Member

One of the guys my hubby works with bought one ticket and won $250! This was his first ticket he ever bought. Why can't I be that lucky? :?