Hello Lonely Niko Forum

Discussion in 'Cat Dog' started by chuck, Nov 30, 2004.

1. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member

Niko, I am very sorry that the furballs left you. It's not that your memory has been forgotten. Your memory has simply been exchanged for rage and soap opera like tantrums. Peace be with you, Dear Niko, in this holiday season. And please ask God to send the furballs back over to see you. Sincerely, Chuck

2. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

That's very smart of you Chuck, post over here to try to lure the pet people back over! Good one! But they have to "register" :( That's the problem over here that the "guests" do not like! I think it may just be you and me and Niko!

3. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

I have a few serious questions if anyone cares to reply over here. What, exactly, is the deal? Please explain who Sandy Lewis is and exactly what she does (or doesn't do) that has so many people up in arms. Are there two or more "groups" of people that are trying to change the way the animal shelter handles putting down animals? Can I get a summary of what all the fighting on the Discussion board is all about? I'm not poking fun at anyone, I honestly would like to understand it all. Thanks.

4. harleygirl

Have you been drinking already? Or are you always on top of your game like that? You are funny! :lol:

5. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member

That was funny pomaf1 (that's your new nickname, I hate typing it all out). I had no idea you had to register over here. What kills me is that all these people obviously have email addresses and can get a free one in the name of Bob Barker, Britney Spears, or Milli Vanilli at Yahoo.com. So why not make up a name, make up all of your personal information, and use that as your registered email address. It's so easy it makes my brain hurt.

As for all the questions r2cmk, I have no idea the answer to any of them. I jumped in late and tried to catch on as I went. I'm too lazy to look back at all the old posts and threads to try to figure it out.

6. harleygirl

Trust me it gets very confusing!!

7. harleygirl

Thanks very much, I thought I would go with a Christmas theme since I will not be riding my bike very much now that it is FREEZING outside! I can still go look at my bikes in the garage :(

8. corrosion

corrosion Well-Known Member

im not too cold
    <----

9. S.A.F.L.

S.A.F.L. Well-Known Member

:lol: Good try Chuck but I don't think anyone will post over here!!!!! They don't have the courage to stand behind their words!!!!!

10. harleygirl

It will be a while I'm sure of it!

11. daniellea

daniellea Well-Known Member

Ok, I've got a minute...

<> <-- nutshell.

<history of Niko in a nutshell>
    Ok, before Niko came along, I think, there was an uproar over gassing at the animal shelter. People were sad and some tried to do stuff about it, going to the shelter, talking to the officials, etc. Everyone wanted to get them to do the lethal injection bit, by a vet or someone else authorized, simply because it seems more humane. Sandy Lewis went and visited the shelter, saw the gassing, and came out with a more understanding view of what it was all about.

Now, onto Niko... Niko was a 2 year old german shepard. He hopped the fence at his owners house and bit a neighbor's puppy, as well as the neighbor. Niko's 'parents' voluntarily committed him to the shelter while they tried to decide on the best outcome of the situation. I think one thought was that they would build the fence higher or something...

Anyway, Niko was in the shelter for 2 days, and the shelter people accidentaly killed him. He was in the wrong dog pen... they meant to put down another dog. So, 50-some pages of total moral outrage later, we have Habitat for Niko, a good cause, a group that seemed would actually get something done in the name of reforming the shelter.

But, evidently, the people that were SO concerned with Niko's plight and that of the other animals in the shelter have, instead of concerning themselves with this thread and working on the issue at hand, gone completely nutso and continue to start threads on the discussion group forum for some reason.

<History of Niko in a nutshell/>

12. S.A.F.L.

S.A.F.L. Well-Known Member

So are these groups getting vets or just posting blabber all day???? That is what confuses me!!!!!!!! You can talk all day but I think some action is needed!!!!!! I also read that there are different groups!!!!!!!! How many are working on this??????? Seems like they should be able to do something!!!!!!!

13. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member

So, it's not a soap opera, it's an after-school special gone haywire. Interesting recap.

14. daniellea

daniellea Well-Known Member

Because it seems (and is such the reason much of us have evolved into total mockery of the issue) all the 'guests' want to yell and scream and point fingers, yet no one seems to actually be doing anything.

But, they continue to act like they are members of some super-secret-gas-reform society....

15. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member

OOOOHHH!! Is that like double-secret probation??? :D

I have said it before and I will say it again, they are going about this in the stupidest way I have ever witnessed. If any county official is reading this, they do not need to be a county official any longer.

But hell, it's fun anyway. I don't get to be sarcastic in my everyday life too much. This is somewhat of a release. Bring on the furballs!!!

16. lindenul

lindenul Well-Known Member

You know..we could just start making all our posts over and invade like they have over there....hell..they never come here anyway so who would know except us?

Irony.....strange thing it.

17. traveler

traveler Well-Known Member

AhHa - So this is where the decent ADULT conversations have moved to?

Great idea you guys - hiding like this. They will never find the threads over here!!! :wink:

So anyone got any good gossip?

18. ready2cmyKing

Yeah, and the REALLY FUNNY thing is that I have put posts on the Discussion board ANNOUNCING that I'm putting posts over here! Obviously they don't want to see what we're saying on this board. I guess because you have to be registered. Why are they so afraid to register? But it's kind of nice that they are though, huh? :D

19. ready2cmyKing

You're welcome, Mafiaman (my short for you :) ). I didn't figure it out either, and I had my husband and teenage son trying to figure it out with me as well. It was very confusing! Why is your Bible dusty? Do you attend church in the area?

20. ready2cmyKing

I think the Church as a body is in a state of apostasy. It's hard for me to go sometimes, there is so much wrong with every church you go to, really. But, that's just a sign of the times. Don't you feel His return is so close you can almost hear that trumpet blowing? Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part because I'm really interested in prophecy. Gives me goosebumps to think of it.