Help! My freezer went out!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by brea7347, Jan 28, 2009.

1. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

We have a GE too and when the warranty expired, I went ahead and got the extended coverage and boy am I glad I did. Over the last 2-3 yrs we've have several repairs done, one time we did have some food spoilage and they paid us a lump sum on that too!

2. brea7347

brea7347 Well-Known Member

It's fixed! :hurray::hurray:

Chuck was correct in his diagnosis over the phone. It was the circuit board. It was only $294 total to fix it, so we went ahead and opted for that. So it's cooling as we speak!

Thanks to Sherry for the recommendation of Chuck and thanks to Monaco for all the great advice on GE versus other brands! By the way, Chuck said the same thing - stay away from GE! I'm glad to know that before we buy our next house since we may be getting some new appliances at that time.

3. zookeeper

zookeeper Well-Known Member

Happy it worked out well for you :hurray:

4. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Glad to know all is fixed and you liked Chuck. He is a hoot. He fixes our heating, air, refrigerators, freezers, washer, dryer and toilets. What a guy!

Sherry

5. NCGIRL

NCGIRL Well-Known Member

I 2nd Chuck. He is awesome. The same thing happened to us and he was here within hours.

6. Melynda

Melynda Well-Known Member

Monaco177,

I just wanted to say THANK YOU for taking care of our dishwasher & Freezer Problems!!!!!!! Please let me know if you need any references.

Thanks Again!!!!

7. monaco177

monaco177 Guest

Thank You Melinda, Glad to help you out. I also have a Brand New Coil Top Electric Stove I'm selling as well as 2 used dishwashers. 1 is a Frigidaire Stainless Steel/Black and the other is a White Whirlpool. If anyone out here needs to replace any of their appliances I occasionally come across good quality used appliances which I will sell cheaply and install and guarantee them!!!

8. scbuff

scbuff Well-Known Member

used Chuck and he was great.