Help with internet and fax options

Discussion in 'PC Help Desk' started by Resident, Nov 2, 2012.

1. Resident

Resident Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I have a small (one employee) business. Right now, I have one main phone line, one fax only phone line, and internet service in the 40/42 area. The fax line and internet are through AT&T.

A few months ago, I ported the main phone line over to Sprint and have just a basic $19.99/month rate for that line. It's working out well, and other than so-so reception, it's saving me money.

I need some advice about what to do with the AT&T stuff. Right now, it's crucial that I have a fax line to send and receive barcoded invoices to a billing agency for services. So I email a document to a supervisor, he signs it and faxes back the signed report, and then I fax the report, his signature page, and the barcoded sheet to an 866 number. The Sprint line I have will not allow me to send or receive faxes. What are my other options besides an AT&T phone line.

I'm paying $185 a month now for the fax line and basic internet service, and I have talked with AT&T (and various supervisors there) since 5/14/12 about the rates. They keep saying they're going to give me a special "package deal" but they never adjust it. At this point, I don't want to use them for anything... at all. I want to be able to call them and disconnect service. I loathe AT&T.

So, where could I get basic internet service for a reasonable fee and what are my faxing options?

Any suggestions are GREATLY appreciated, since I have no clue about anything tech.

Thanks in advance.