help with project, pleeaaassseee!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by BenDover, Oct 13, 2006.

1. SpunkyPunky

SpunkyPunky Well-Known Member

No Hugh,
    I just left a message on my son's voicemail and asked him if he ever knew someone named Ben Dover.
    If he gets it, he will let me in on the joke.

2. Clif

Clif Guest

All I know is, thanks to video games, if I'm ever transported to Hyrule, I can kick Ganon's butt big time.

3. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Thanks to Vid. Games I'm ready to take on Tiger woods and kick his butt.

Craig

4. turtlepits

turtlepits Well-Known Member

Sounds like my husband. He was playing Tiger last night. He's worse than my kids. I tell them to turn it off and they do. I ask him and he says, "let me finish this last course". Two hours later, he's on another course. CRAZY!!

5. peppercorns

peppercorns Well-Known Member

Been there, done that...you may call me Queen Zelda

(ok.. so I had one back in 1990 but my kiddo doesn't)

6. Clif

Clif Guest

I would have bet good northern money a "guy" would have known what I was talking about before a "girl" chimed in. :lol:

And you would deny your child of the hours of pleasure you, yourself, had. :p

7. Angeleyes

Angeleyes Guest

I have never been good at video games.I wanna scream and throw things so I do not try anymore.That must be my violent side comming out for the most part I am a lover not a fighter.

8. Clif

Clif Guest

In that case, you might try "Leisure Suit Larry"

9. Angeleyes

Angeleyes Guest

omg lmao cute very cute!!

10. Angeleyes

Angeleyes Guest

I thought it stood for Bend over also lol I thought it was a funny name

11. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

lol...you're a riot!! ask him if he knows me, Hugh G. Rection...lol

please tell me you get that one at least.....

12. Angeleyes

Angeleyes Guest

Heck I got that one lol and I am a little slow on here lmao

13. SpunkyPunky

SpunkyPunky Well-Known Member

Okay, my son called back after I e-mailed him these posts.
    Thanks to y'all, I think I'm going to be in a Nursing Home by the time next week!
    He thinks I'm losing my mind, and he's not joking. :cry:
    Jeepers! I'm the blue haired lady that drives on a phone book getting lost all the time, have some compassion with me!
    Now, I'm off to Bingo! You silly goons!

14. Daredevil

Daredevil Well-Known Member

15. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

So how did your son's project come out, T4T/Ben?

16. airwidow

airwidow Guest

My first response would be to reference modern warfare. The video-game generation is waging war on Iraq and without getting too political, I think we are succeeding. Another benefit of modern video games is the new technologies being developed in the aerospace/aviation industries. Modern aircraft are "flying video games" when it comes to enroute navigation, ie. GPS, WAAS, and LAAS. However, the initial takeoff and landing phase of flight is still manually controlled by a highly experienced pilot. It is scary to think that in the future, the entire flight could possibly be flown by a computer and/or a person from the ground just like playing a video game!! I know this because I am the husband of "airwidow", haha!

:)

17. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

Oh, that explains it! I didn't know we were waging war on Iraq! In that case, we really are succeeding.

18. airwidow

airwidow Guest

Ken,

The best way to learn how to land a 747 is to land a 747!! Trust me, the sim doesn't do it justice!! However, it is a good systems trainer.

Airwidow's husband

19. airwidow

airwidow Guest

LOL, I figured someone would make it political. At least you are predictable!

Maybe I didn't use the correct verbage, but we are using computer technology in our efforts in Iraq. That was my original point!

Supporting our troops 1000%%%

Airwidow's husband. :)

20. nevilock

nevilock Well-Known Member

when you line up a straight line like that, what do you expect? lol.