high school vandalism!!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by wildcatmom7, Jun 2, 2010.

1. pocahontas

pocahontas Well-Known Member

Sorry I have to disagree with you as far as whether or not it is a prank...a prank is like what the kids at Pinecrest HS did when they removed the "P", "R" and the middle "E" from the name of the school sign. Anyone who has gone to the lengths that these people have, according to people that have seen a banner hanging and found fliers at White Oak and according to kids that have reported that there was vandalism at the school etc, I would believe that they ARE planning something sinister. The question to me is only will they actually decide to try to go through with whatever evil thing they are planning. I think it is very serious, and I have second thoughts about letting my child and the rest of my family be there for graduation if they can't figure out who did this.

2. wildcatmom7

wildcatmom7 Guest

There was also a devil face painted on the side walk in front of school, but has been covered up this is very scary.

3. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

My thinking is if someone has a willingness (maybe even a desire) to carry out such a heinous act, they would not likely want to draw attention to their plans. They'd want the element of surprise. Of course, any threat should be taken seriously for sure. Sounds like to me, though somebody just wants to be disruptive.

4. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

I got the impression from talking to the guy at the school that they know exactly who did it.

5. Tom Servo

Tom Servo Well-Known Member

I guess I don't understand the mentality of people who say that this is very serious and a sinister plot, but then say they have "second thoughts" about letting their kid go to graduation. If you, as a parent, think that it's that dangerous a situation then you would be wrong to let your child attend. It's like being invited to a birthday party by a kid who lives next door to a registered sex offender, and then saying that maybe your kid shouldn't go. If you feel it's that dangerous then stay home and pick up your child's diploma the next day at school. Simple as that.

6. michelle

Maybe you didn't see the word "IF" in her quote . . . it's a little too early to decide if you are going to let your child attend the graduation or not. I firmly believe that they have the situation under control and graduation will go smoothly.

7. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Michelle - did you get my reply to your PM?

8. michelle

Yes, and thank you! I have changed my plans and will now be sitting on the field. :hurray:

9. pocahontas

pocahontas Well-Known Member

There is still plenty of time for the situation to be resolved from now until graduation day, so my "second thoughts" are pretty simple...right now we are planning on attending...if the situation does not resolve or feel safe to me on that day--we won't be there. However, I'm fairly confident they will have things worked out by then so not going to get my panties in a wad over it just yet. Hope that clears up my "mentality" for you, and it is good enough to warrant your approval.:lol:

10. Mr.X

Mr.X Well-Known Member

I spoke to a friend @ work who's son goes to West, they have not heard anything about this. No news outlet is covering this at all. I have to call BS on this whole story.

11. michelle

Oh really? Just because one kid hasn't hear about it you think it didn't happen? Maybe you should take the time to call the school and speak to an administrator who will tell you everything that happened. I'll even look the number up for you . . .934-7333.

Let us know what they tell you. :rolleyes:

12. Mr.X

Mr.X Well-Known Member

OK, NBC-17 and WRAL have been advised. Be interested to see what comes of it. Sounds like the old telephone game to me.

13. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Hey, better safe than sorry. Can't be too cautious when threats are made.

14. michelle

:iagree:

15. Mr.X

Mr.X Well-Known Member

Been re-reading this thread. Seems like a lot of hearsay and conjecture. Janitor sweeping, banner seen by 1 person who seems not to have reported it. Graffiti and fliers that few people say they saw, no news station is even aware of the matter. This sounds more and more like the old telephone game, the story get more confused as it passes from person to person. I called the media but they didn't seem very concerned. If this can't be verified we need to be careful about sharing unsubstantiated information..

16. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

IMHO these are real world trolls. you people are giving them too much power over you. **** you if you think you can scare me off my kid's graduation. this is OUR HOUSE.

WHOSE HOUSE?
    OUR HOUSE!
    WHOSE HOUSE?
    OUR HOUSE!*

*tm Coach Tom

17. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Probably a few misfit sophomores that learned something new this year in art class.

18. michelle

Call the school, idiot. They will tell you exactly what is going on.

19. Curious

Curious Well-Known Member

I for one saw one of the fliers and it did say teal and white will run red at 06,06,06 on June 11th all dead with the devil emblem in the middle. This same symbol was painted over the Macy's logo in the back parking lot of the school. This is pretty scary stuff. I tend to agree that if this was going to happen there wouldn't be that much forewarning unless they are trying to confuse people and make them think it will happen on graduation when in fact it could happen at a totally different day and time. My daughter's boyfriend is graduating and my son is a Junior Marshall. I just hope and pray they do have whoever is responsible for this in custody. I think all threats to a school should be taken seriously and I believe the school is well aware of what is going on. I saw a plain clothes cop come out of the school yesterday and was told by a reliable source he was from the FBI. I hope the source is right!

20. Mr.X

Mr.X Well-Known Member

Grow up