high school vandalism!!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by wildcatmom7, Jun 2, 2010.

1. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Thank you for that info. I agree with all that you said. Let's pray for a safe graduation.

2. michelle

The school just called with an automated message that said about the same thing that I was told when I called earlier this week. The Sheriff's Dept, SBI and FBI are on the case. There will be metal detectors at graduation and heightened security.

3. pocahontas

pocahontas Well-Known Member

Mr. X, I guess we are ALL making this up because a phone call just went out from Mrs Honeycutt verifying vandalism and asking for information from anyone who may have it to help lead to arrests, as well as verifying that not only are local law enforcement working on the case, but also verifying that the FBI is helping now too, and stating that there will be extra security and metal detectors at graduation. Believe me when I say that we all wish it weren't true, but unfortunately it is. :evil:

4. pocahontas

pocahontas Well-Known Member

Sorry for the double post, Michelle. I guess we were on the same thought path.

5. michelle

Great minds :cheers:

6. Mr.X

Mr.X Well-Known Member

i AM DULY CHASTISED

7. LI-bratz

LI-bratz Well-Known Member

I have a child at West & she came home to tell me last week about the damages tot he school...they were not aware of who did this & there is nothing on camera to prove who it could be.
    I heard firsthand there was a flier & that same someone turned it over -which was the right thing to do for the sake of all thekids. This is a serious matter & the school is not taking this lightly

They did call everyone that is on their phone list in regards to this matter yesterday afternoon & they are taking this matter at hand very seriously. They explained everything that they would be doing & she also asked if anyone had any information at all even so small to please contact authorities immediately

so to whom ever the stupid idiot is that does not want to believe I say maybe you should just shut up this is a real matter & any threat to a child in anyway is to not be taken lightly.

At my graduation in NY they did not take a threat seriously & there was a bomb under our stage & thank god it went off early so no one was hurt all b/c one kid wanted to prove a point I thank the authorities in JOCO & the the FBI & the staff at WJHS for taking this matter seriously

8. michelle

:iagree:

9. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

Duly AND Truly.... 8)

10. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

So sad to hear about this. Graduation should be a time of joy and pride. Please keep us updated.

Sherry

11. wildcatmom7

wildcatmom7 Guest

I know for fact it was vandalism. When i dropped my daughter off at school i saw the glass being cleaned up and also they covered the devil face they painted on the side walk. Plus same thing was posted at white oak theater and there is a devil face painted on the exit at 319 on bottom right hand side.. the one that reads 1 mile b4 exit. also gettin on to 40 from white oak heading toward benson and on the exit sign there is also the same face painted on that!!

12. michelle

Seems that more and more vandalism is appearing every day. And I thought they knew who was doing it . . . evidently not if they are continuing to do it.

13. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Michelle,

Why are we not hearing about this on both local and national news? I tried searching and found nothing. Unless the SBI and FBI have backed the media off I cannot understand why we are not hearing about it.

As a mom it would make me wondering if my family should show at graduation or not. I know this must be difficult for all of you.

Sherry

14. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Just saw it here, but it wasn't here earlier today when I looked.
    http://www.1270wmpm.com/

15. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

i think because if it gets splashed all over the news, the miscreants get what they're after. they're IRL equivalent of trolls. i'm not saying there's not the possiblity, god forbid, but odds are more likely it's punks trying to get a reaction. everybody freak out and pull out of going to graduation and make a big deal on tv, and they win.

16. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

We never really had vandalism. We just put the school building up for sale in the South Side Shopper.

17. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

If that's the case, I have to say kudos to the media for acting responsibly.

18. michelle

Not sure why we aren't hearing about it. My guess would be that the authorities are keeping it hush-hush. I'm really torn on what to do but I feel confident after talking to the school that they have a good lead and they are following it closely. I'm gonna wait until later in the week to make any decision.

Such a shame that some punk has to do this just to get attention.

19. michelle

:iagree:

20. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

They made WTVD11 http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=7483687