HOLY MOLY...its coming down

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Rostrawberry, Aug 21, 2007.

1. Rostrawberry

Rostrawberry Well-Known Member

Its raining like crazy here in Benson/Cleveland area. The wind almost took my screen door. :(

2. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

My kids were playing outside and came running in saying "wow a big storm is coming." Then ran back outside to play in the rain. They are mad that I made them come in, but the lightning is wild out there!!!

3. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

You are welcome, that was my rain dance after our luncheon at CDH today:lol:

4. Rostrawberry

Kaci...you could have given me a lil warning :)

5. Rostrawberry

Your no fun mom.... :) j/k

6. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Sorry girl, it was kinda a spur of the moment thing:lol::lol::lol:

7. Rostrawberry

yea yea yea.

I know we need it :)

8. Tit4Tat

Tit4Tat Well-Known Member

Did Garner lose power. My hubby has been dispatched to Garner to work tonight.

He doesnt know the details yet so I thought I would ask.

9. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

It's gone off and on a few times over here near Archer Lodge.

10. Grammie

Grammie Guest

Everytime TruGreen treats my lawn it rains. So I think they should do it once a week for free. Just to help out my neighbors. I am good!!! LOL

11. magnolia

magnolia Well-Known Member

Yeah...spits and spots.

12. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

We lost power here for about 1 1/2 hrs. Just got it back on.

13. Quincy8Boy

Quincy8Boy Well-Known Member

My wife said lightning hit our electric fence. Maybe that's why my electric fence chargers keep going bad!

14. Webmaster

Webmaster Administrator

It was wild at Walnut Creek...high winds, hail, etc. It flooded the stage so the concert (Def Leppard, Foreigner, Styx) was cancelled. :cry: A lot of the vendor booths had lost power also.

15. AWmom

AWmom Well-Known Member

So sad! I wanted tickets to that concert too. So what happens now since it was cancelled. Are they rescheduling it?

16. Tit4Tat

Tit4Tat Well-Known Member

Yes I quoted myself...

Poor hubby, still out there working..:cry: I know he is tired.

17. mom2~1boy

mom2~1boy Guest

There where alot of down trees and power poles last night, dh's pager was going off like crazy!

18. zookeeper

zookeeper Well-Known Member

Lost power - in my neighborhood anyway - from 7:40 - 10:05 pm NO BIG BROTHER:evil: :twisted:

19. krattie

krattie Well-Known Member

Sorry to read about that. We've had our fence in since 2003 and have lost it 3 times due to lightning. The first time went back to the store and got another one since we installed it ourselves. But the next time it happened, I went online and found out the warranty was for 3 years and they'll replace the thing for free. I've done that twice. Now my 4 years is up so I have to buy the surge protector thing. It's sold for $30, the wires go into that and then go into the fence charger. I haven't bought it yet so I braved the wind and the rain and unplugged the whole thing from the outlet and pulled the wires.

20. elims

elims Well-Known Member

Now we just need storms like that every day for a few weeks, and we'll catch up on our drought!