How about gifts for Wife, any ideas?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by DAVIDMILLER1, May 5, 2009.

1. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

I'd fly his dad in AND get the hotel room!

...this is going to take some thought... :twisted:

2. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I still want to know why he would do this to you.....I mean, he knew your relationship with your mom, right?:confused:

3. Crysta

Crysta Guest

Apparently my dad convinced him to keep it a secret. My mom actually disclosed on Saturday that my husband was worried that after she left I would kick him out or file for divorce (which in all fairness I did consider several times on Friday night, and just hearing that he was aware that I would be that upset helped to alleviate most of that anger). My dad is one of those guys who can sell ice to Eskimos, so I'm not surprised he was able to convince dh to keep quiet.

I made it through the weekend. I did end up with a horrible migraine last night, but I managed to keep a smile on my face until her flight left, and then I went directly to bed. So I'm now way behind on my school work, but other than that the weekend wasn't too horrible. I'm sad that I missed out on the plans that I had made for the weekend, but I did take advantage of her being there and put her to work. She cleaned out my 6 year old's closet (which I have been trying to find time to do for weeks now), bagged up the clothes that don't fit her, and even paid for a few outfits at Target and shoes at Payless. That was really helpful since we blew our budget by eating out almost every meal since there was very little food in the house and no time for me to go grocery shopping.

Thanks for all the support! I tried to talk to my dad this weekend about the whole thing, and got nowhere, but at least my mom promised before she left that she wouldn't make anymore surprise visits. :)

4. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Glad to hear you made it through. BTW... you have any girls' summer clothes - size 6/6X from that closet cleaning?

5. Crysta

Crysta Guest

I'll go through it tonight and let you know what I've got. She still wears 6/6x for bottoms, but is now a 7 for tops. She refuses to wear any denim, so I know I have some awesome emroidered capris and probably some jeans. I'll PM you and you can stop by whenever to check it out.

6. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Awesome, thanks!