how bout Carl Edwards

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by cynadon, Mar 9, 2010.

1. VolleyGrl

VolleyGrl Well-Known Member

He meant to wreck him. Doesn't matter how the actual wreck occurred. It's stupid. And I guess it's going to take someone getting killed as a result of something like this to realize no grudge is worth having someone get hurt or killed. There are enough wrecks that occur in this sport that are not intentional and make it dangerous.

2. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

Keslowski flipped Edwards in to the stands last year and had hit him several other times. I'll bet he won't do it again -NASCAR had announced before the year that the drivers were to take the gloves off and settle things on the track, just like the old days when they were popular, before pansies like Jeff Gordon and Jimmy Johnson came along. Carl is not a bad guy. If he knew that car would flip he would not have done it. His intend was to spoil Keslowski's finish.
    Most of the people complaining are people who aren't fan's of racing.

3. VolleyGrl

Two wrongs don't make a right. And you don't have to be a race fan to understand it's not a safe practice. There were a lot of things in the old days that we don't do now because we realized how dumb they are. Sounds like this should be one of them. Eh, maybe it's me. I don't think having some concern for safety makes someone a pansy. I think it would be just as "entertaining" to have the drivers pull each other out of their cars in the pits and beat the crap out of each other. Then it's between them and there are no innocent bystanders, other drivers, etc. at risk.

4. Leave your philosophy in the head next time. The G man is fairly right here.

5. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

Girls.... :roll: :lol:

6. VolleyGrl

Gorillas :rolleyes:

7. G man is spot on again.

8. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

That's stereotyping.

9. VolleyGrl

why do you call him "G man"?

10. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Probably because he doesn't know how to spell da' man

:mrgreen:

11. VolleyGrl

i was thinking something else, but ya just never know. :lol:

12. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

It's because I'm Gr-r-reat!!!

[​IMG]

13. nevilock

nevilock Well-Known Member

Wings flipping cars is just soft science, and a convenient scapegoat. A wing going in the wrong direction is just an inefficient wing. Air will still flow faster over the top than the bottom resulting in lift, just much less of it. (its still lift here, although they refer to it as downforce because the lift is being applied towards the ground instead of away from it.)

The issue here is air building under the back of the car as it goes backwards at 200mph. With no way to diffuse the air pushing under the car the car will be lifted. Its the only possible result, unless the car slows. A spoiler could cause more air to be pushed under the car, as it doesn't allow wind to pass through, it would make the deck pushing against the air another few inches taller. Its backwards angle might even present yet another surface for force to be applied to.

How about some anecdotal evidence that the wing isn't the issue? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkUg9MV3DhQ

None of those cars appeared to have wings. And while frequently the video is featuring a collision/impact induced flip, there are very many aerodynamic flips on display. Many of the highlighted situations almost exactly parallel to what people are so stunned about with the wing.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2010
  14. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

oddly enough the roof flaps as well did not perform their job as they have in the past.

15. Oui, really,, let's see could be none of your beeswax, or he may rule the G spot or wait I have another, G for gorilla / gorilla man. Or better yet I haven't a clue.

16. VolleyGrl

did you just say "none of your beeswax"? :lol: Awesome.

17. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

He's the bee's knees. ;)

18. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

You sure it's a he? He has some female tendencies.

Of course I mean that will all due respect - no need to reach for the telephone cord. :jester:

19. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Then I'll have to go back and change my song. Could be even tougher to sing. :(

20. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

Don't change it - We'll just change his or her gender as necessary