how did this happen

Discussion in 'PC Help Desk' started by cynadon, Jun 22, 2014.

1. cynadon

cynadon Well-Known Member

I switched from windows to linux a couple of months ago. Two different machines. I use google chrome on both. Haven't turned on windows since ubuntu got here. Today I downloaded an app from google which required me to sign in. When I opened chrome again the color changed just like my windows browser was set up. Also, my old bookmarks were back just like they used to be. My ubuntu browser is now identical to my windows browser. Does google know everything?

2. Palisade

Palisade Well-Known Member

Pretty much.

Personally I like it. I can move from my computer to my tablet and then to my phone and everything is all the same, including search history.

3. cynadon

yeah I agree. It just suprised me that all of a sudden I went back 2-3 months. Same color scheme and bookmarks I had forgot about.

On a side note. If you don't need windows specific software (or apple), linux rocks. Stable, fast, not hardware intensive. If something goes wrong, kill the program and re-open. Only time that has happened is when dsl goes out and confuses the browser. As long as you aint logged in as root you can do cool stuff. I'm scared of super user cause a little syntax could wipe out something.

4. JayT

JayT Well-Known Member

Everything, no... but close... lol

Seriously, just check/change your settings in Chrome. The first setting (Version 35.0.1916.153 m, anyway) has "sign into to chrome as..." with options of what to sync (or not) across computers... It also allows you to disconnect your chrome instance with your account.

HTH,
    JayT

5. cynadon

cool. got it. just never looked far enough. thanks.