How many trick or treaters did you have?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by SSM258, Nov 1, 2006.

1. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

We live off of Cleveland School Rd near Chops and we had a lot of kids. Didn't keep count but i know my son had picked up 12 bags of candy bars and i ended up bumming some of neighbor's candy to give out (they didn't get home till after 8 so they had plenty left). Finally ran out of candy around 8:45, turned off the light and went in. The kids were so cute and fun and really made me feel great for asking why no great decorations this year (so glad they actually pay attention to the effort people put into decorating).

2. rcmommy

rcmommy Well-Known Member

Our subdivision was packed too. We put out the usual bowl and for the first time ever it was empty when we got back. We put out some more since there were still some kids out. This was around 8. My kids were being turned away around 7:45 at the last houses we went to due to running out of candy.

Hey SSM....you gotta go with us next year...we load em up in a hayride every year!

***so yes we drive our kids around, but it's in a hay ride and they look forward to that just as much as the actual trick or treating.***

3. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Hey RC, we had a couple groups riding like a hayride behind their vehicles, i thought that was so cool.

4. rcmommy

rcmommy Well-Known Member

It's fun! I don't think we are in the same subdivision so it wasn't us. But the kids look forward to it! We started doing it a couple of years ago. Some people use four wheelers hooked to trailers out here too every year. I was so surprised at how many were out this year!

5. nevilock

nevilock Well-Known Member

When i lived in selma there was a guy who drove his kids around trick-or-treating in a big black herse. i think that counts as part of the costume =x

6. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

That's different from what my peeve was about. :wink:

7. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Well, you would have been peeved with me this year, lol

I walked with MM as long as I could, until my siatic (sp) nerve started acting up and my leg went to sleep. Then I got the car and followed DH and MM. But, the houses in our neighborhood and surrounding neighborhood are spaced really weird too.