Hurricane Florence

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Sherry A., Sep 9, 2018.

1. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

2. Sherry A.

3. Sherry A.

8078AA66-5CE1-4F6E-A945-6728F0C68E93.jpeg

BobF likes this.
  4. Sherry A.

5. Sherry A.

6EDB55B2-D769-4FAE-8C8A-E0217E9D550B.jpeg

Auxie likes this.
  6. 1_more_PitBull

1_more_PitBull Well-Known Member

What all sites are you all using to check this path out? I downloaded Hurricane app but wanted to see what everyone else was using. Walmart on 42 was crazy yesterday. I just went looking oil for my oil lamp and none was to be found. So I bought a $20 solar spot light. Still had lots of those left lol Also still had right many basic white candles.

7. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

Sherry A. and 1_more_PitBull like this.
  8. Wayne Stollings

9. 1_more_PitBull

Yeah I have the WRAL Weather app download also.. Gotta love Greg talking to you in the middle of the night lol

panthersdude2001 likes this.
  10. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Here's a story of a lovely lady...

Attached Files:

11. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

1_more_PitBull, Auxie and Sherry A. like this.
  12. sirputz

sirputz Well-Known Member

I'm not too worried about Aunt Flo coming to visit.

13. Sherry A.

Hahahaha

Auxie likes this.
  14. Sherry A.

15. Auxie

Auxie Well-Known Member

I purchased lamp oil at ACE Hardware (50 /42) yesterday, They had a lot left.

1_more_PitBull likes this.
  16. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

I still get confused. which Is worse watch or warning

17. Wayne Stollings

Watch means that conditions favor the occurrence, but warning means it is actually happening in the area.

https://www.weatherworksinc.com/watch-vs-warning

Watch vs. Warning: What's the Difference

With the severe weather season underway, now is a good time to go over the difference between tornado and severe thunderstorm watches and warnings. A WATCH means that the potential exists for the development of severe thunderstorms or tornadoes, depending upon the specific type of watch issued. In the case of a tornado watch, this DOES NOT mean that a tornado has been seen or even indicated on radar...it just means that conditions are favorable for the formation of tornadoes in thunderstorms. Similarly, a severe thunderstorm watch means that conditions are just conducive for the development of severe weather, and DOES NOT indicate that severe weather has been reported. While no immediate action on the part of the general public is required for the issuance of a watch, citizens should keep up to date on the current weather situation and be prepared to seek shelter if necessary.

A WARNING, on the other hand, requires more immediate action and should be taken seriously. A severe thunderstorm warning indicates that severe weather is imminent in your area or is already occurring (based on either human observation or doppler radar). The term severe refers to hail greater than or equal to 1.00" in diameter and/or wind gusts that meet or exceed 58 mph. Although these storms can also be associated with dangerous cloud to ground lightning or heavy rainfall that is capable of causing flash flooding, neither of these two items serve as criteria for a severe thunderstorm warning being issued.

18. Wayne Stollings

Think of it as your mother telling you to watch in both directions to see if a car is coming before crossing the road and her warning you that a car is actually coming and not to cross now.

19. 1_more_PitBull

Did they have the oil for them? I have lamps, just need some oil. I have bottle left.

20. Wayne Stollings

You can also use kerosene. That was the original fuel for such lamps back in the day. It is not as clean burning as some of the the more processed lamp oil, but it may be better than darkness.

Sherry A. and 1_more_PitBull like this.