Hwy 210 Benson Food Lion Remodel?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by DWK, Jul 22, 2015.

1. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

What's the story with the new Food Lion remodel in Benson on Hwy 210? I was there today and they moved most of their produce department into a big, refrigerated room in the back corner. You have to go through a doorway now to get in there. I actually saw a poor, old woman shivering in there today while trying to buy herself some lettuce! Is this temporary, or still in process? I thought "remodels" were supposed to improve things, not make them worse!? Lol.

2. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

and
    they have BEER now. { Hehehheheheh Beer!!}

3. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

Carrying beer would definitely be considered an "improvement"!

Kelyel likes this.
  4. LansingDr

LansingDr Well-Known Member

not impressed

5. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

I vaguely remember back before we had the option of buying beer out in the 40/42 area there was a proposition for the entire county to be able to sell beer. The manager at the food lion at 40/42 had been interviewed on TV and was saying that he doesn't have room in his store to sell beer.

6. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

I've seen 4 FL going through remodels....appears they are making improvements at alot of them.

7. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

I think the renovation at 40/42 looks real nice. Its almost done.

Kelyel likes this.
  8. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

I have to agree :)

9. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

I spoke w/ one of the employees when the remodeling first started and he told me the reason for all of the remodels was the new ability to sell beer. While they do look nice, I just about freeze to death in the produce section! lol

Kelyel likes this.
  10. clrracer

clrracer Member

All Food Lion's in the Raleigh district (which covers about 40 stores in various counties) are being remodeled, even the ones with beer. Food Lion is trying to keep up with Harris Teeter and Kroger with their approach to customer service and product offerings, but keep prices lower.

http://foodlion.mediaroom.com/index.php?s=20295&item=122775

Duane