I Hate...

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by DoNotJudgeMe, Oct 31, 2006.

1. Clif

Clif Guest

People don't vote based on a sign. The signs are there to let you know who's running.

As far as ads on TV, there are a lot of people who don't watch local or network TV. And, even if they did, the local TV stations here focus on Raleigh and Wake county.

2. turtlepits

turtlepits Well-Known Member

3. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, there may be some truth in that. Not so much in the major races that are in the news, but the ones further down the ballot. Besides the DA & Sheriff we've been hearing about, there are contested elections for US Congress; NC state senate; County Commissioner; Clerk of Superior Court - all of which at least tell you on the ballot what party each candidate belongs to. Then there are the so-called "non-partisan" races: Supreme Court Chief Justice; 3 Supreme Court Associate Justice seats; 2 Court of Appeals seats; Superior Court Judge; and Board of Education.

I think people look at some of those choices in the voting booth and try to remember what they know about them, and finally vote for the one with the most familiar name. That might just be the name on the last sign they noticed before they went to vote.

If you'd like to see a sample ballot before you go to vote, they're on the Board of Elections website: http://www.johnstonnc.com/mainpage.cfm?category_level_id=410&content_id=3268

The News and Observer has a voters guide here: http://www.newsobserver.com/politics/elections/voters_guide/johnston

Thanks for taking time to educate yourself before going to the polls!

~Grandma

4. turtlepits

turtlepits Well-Known Member

Thanks for taking time to educate yourself before going to the polls!

I AGREE !

5. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

Forgot to mention, if you live in Clayton, there's a question on the ballot about electing the Town Council by district instead of at large. The purpose would be to make sure all areas of town have representation on the Council, instead of several from one neighborhood and none from some others. That's ballot # 3 on the Board of Elections site.

~Grandma

6. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

I HATE threads like this!

[​IMG]

7. momz x 2

momz x 2 Well-Known Member

where were they stolen from?
    let's do a who-dun-it!
    :wink:

8. momz x 2

momz x 2 Well-Known Member

alright fine......i'll go first.

i say it was that feller over yonder! :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

9. PoohBear

PoohBear Well-Known Member

I don't hate people who steal political signs.

10. Clif

Clif Guest

It was Professor Plum, in the Conservatory, with the rope.

11. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Nah, it was Bart at the Frying Dutchman with a stick of Plutonium. 8)

12. DoNotJudgeMe

DoNotJudgeMe Guest

I'm sorry. Was there a question for me?