I know there are lots of threads on this but….

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by tinnc, Apr 3, 2011.

1. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i know what ya mean:lol::lol: Another reason i am glad they are close by:cheers: Actually i usually drink 2 glasses but it is spaced out over at least 3 hours cause that's how long i am usually there each time - i know you can relate cause you have a thick head of hair too.

2. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Most upscale salons serve wine. Not sure what laws are on the books about it but I've never seen anyone complain. I think it's nice to offer items to clients. I do not partake of any alcoholic beverage but love an ice cold coke. :lol:

Sherry

3. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Yes, and right now, I am dying to get into see my hairstylist. I have not had a haircut since before Christmas and I normally go at least every six weeks!! Between work, walking pneumonia, a death in the family and the fact that she is booked, I am about to go nuts!! I have a week from Sat before I can get in!:shock:

4. RedHead88

RedHead88 Guest

Check out "My Girlfriends Place" They have been doing my hair and other services since they did my wedding back in Septmeber. I have NEVER had a good haircut that worked for me. Not only did they do a fantastic job for my wedding but gave me the BEST haircut I have ever had after that. Paul Black is one of the owners. He will be the one to give you a great cut and OMG, when he washes your hair...he gives a head massage that will put you out!! And Dawn Black will do special event hair styles and also waxing services. It is downtown Clayton. They offer you a glass of wine everytime, waxing services, massages, nail services, and so on. They have wayyy more information on their website. I PROMISE you will fall in love with them.

5. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

Yes, serious here. They are a salon not a saloon. I was just seeing how they could serve alcohol and if a license is needed. I would be surprised if they could do that without one.

6. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

guess you need to get out more to a real salon:lol::lol: Honestly, i have no idea about the licensing, etc., i assume it is because it is not being sold that makes it ok just like wine samplings at grocery stores, etc. i do know it is standard for nicer salons to do it and it has been as long as i can remember and that is a long long time:lol:

7. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

fantastic sams is pretty good

8. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

to each his own:cheers:

9. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

A friend owns a salon in Raleigh, although I'm not sure how much she charges nowadays. She's on the web at www.salon101inc.com. It's over on Creedmoor, though. That may be too far for ya.

10. MamaApe

MamaApe Well-Known Member

The new salon in Garner (Aversboro Road) www.VanitySalonGarner.com is fantastic!!! I highly recommend Brandi Carroll or Cristin Gupton. They are very stylish & reasonably priced. plus they have a sassy boutique with tons of crafty stuff to shop while you wait :)

11. Straitlover

Straitlover Well-Known Member

$115??????? Holy moley!

I have to find a new stylist because mine is moving, but no way can I afford anything like that. I curretly pya $25 plus a $5 tip for wash, cut, style. No color or anything. That's the most I can afford because I have to go every 8-10 weeks (short hair - long looks terrible on me). Any suggestions other than Fantastic Sam's or Great Clips? Had bad experiences at both.