If you remember me and my Son....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by 1_more_PitBull, Feb 23, 2012.

1. 1_more_PitBull

1_more_PitBull Well-Known Member

As most of you all remember my case.. Identical Twins born 2 months early and one passing away at 22 days old...
    WELL here is a long needed update..........

Chance has had a HARD road to live for 5 (6 March 5th) years.... Just in these past 2ish years he has been fighting a tumor in his ear... Cholesteatoma is the real name of what he has.. If untreated, a cholesteatoma can eat into the three small bones located in the middle ear, which can result in nerve deterioration, deafness, imbalance and vertigo.

4 surgeries on that ONE ear.. and cutting it from the back side and folding his ear to lay on his face EVERY time... Sept 2010 1 surgery we were worried that they were going to hit the nerve that controls your face. THANK GOD THEY DIDN'T.. BUT the tumor had ALMOST took that nerve over and crushed ALL the bones in his ear.. 2nd surgery was "planned" to just go in and clean up to make sure it was all gone.. UMMM NO it had came back worse then it was before and was eating into the wall of his inner ear canal !!

August 2011 3rd surgery DIFFERENT doctor... Thought he was going to go in and rebuild the bones in Chance's ear.. Ummmm NO it had came back WORSE! BUT he did get to rebuild Chance's ear drum during this surgery.

Feb 2012 4th surgery... FINALLY THANK GOD... Good news for once... the Chelesteatoma had NOT grew back!!!!! they were able to put the prosthetic in. Now the only thing is there is fluid behind the prosthetic.. But he said in MOST cases they out grow this!! He is home now and doing well.

2. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

Great News for Chance!!

3. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

VERY GOOD NEWS!!!

4. 2not2

2not2 Well-Known Member

When my twin girls were born, it didn't take long for me to realize how blessed we were that they were both happy and healthy. I cannot imagine what you have gone through and I hope that your son continues to improve. Remember to take care of yourself, too...he needs your strength. Hopes and prayers to you and your family! :grouphug:

5. 1_more_PitBull

Thanks 2not2... I'm lucky in a way cause they were Identical.. But still hurts all the same cause I know I should see 2 of them... But still very thankful!!

6. peppercorns

peppercorns Well-Known Member

good news!!! yay!! poor little guy...so sorry he had to go through all that but at least he is on the mend!!

7. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

thanks for the update. Continued prayers for you and your precious little one.

I am a Mom of identical twins too.

8. God'schild

God'schild Well-Known Member

Thank God!!! I am very happy for you and your family! :cheers::hurray::grouphug:

9. 1_more_PitBull

Thanks everyone.. It has been one ruff one for that little man.... 2 months early... a month in a half in the hospital... He was tongue tied.. Went to have it clipped in office.. Said it would be fine to go home.. Well he filled a wash cloth up with blood.. Another trip back to the office. Got it stop bleeding when back home ONLY to go back to the ER and have him put to sleep to have stitches put in. This was before he was a year old... Then RSV shots every month.. Tubes in his ears... Then this tumor mess... This last time he did not cry much.. He was just like here we go again!! Poor thing. I so wish I could switch places with him during times like that!

10. jlc007

jlc007 Well-Known Member

So glad for you and your little:hurray: boy.

11. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

So glad last surgery went well, poor little thing but he sounds like a fighter, thanks so much for letting us know:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

12. 1_more_PitBull

I know it's been a LONG time since I checked in.. And gave an update on him.. You all came trough for me when Chase died.. Shows how strong the 4042er's are!!!

13. 1_more_PitBull

:hurray: Today is the day I was blessed with Identical Twins!! Happy Birthday Chase & Chance!!

Chase~ May your day in Heaven be even BETTER then it could have been here on earth!!
    Chance~ Hope you have a good day today cause it's your day!!!