Is Capriccio 42 closed?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Jean S, Jan 7, 2010.

1. Jean S

Jean S Well-Known Member

I have noticed in the past week or so when driving past it that the restaurant seems to be closed. Does anyone know anything about it? They had some really good pizza...

2. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

don't know, i do know Gindy has been gone for about a month so i haven't really been back up there.

3. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

I was there Tuesday night. The sushi was excellent, as always!!!

4. UR2L8

UR2L8 Guest

went today and it was open, but not many folks. Still good pizza though! :)

5. freedman68

freedman68 Guest

They were closed Monday night at 8:00. We wondered if they closed. Papa John's took their business is what I heard.

6. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

oh please.... does C3 know you lie with that mouth?? :?

7. Ima Sheltie

Ima Sheltie Well-Known Member

If Papa Johns actually takes business from anyplace, then they deserve to close.

8. freedman68

freedman68 Guest

It was just a joke. Lighten up! What, C3 members can't make a joke? :chillpill:

9. Panther Crazy

Panther Crazy Well-Known Member

I've noticed that they are slow, but Bars & Restaurants must be going through a terrible time these days. First, the economy has had to effect their business. Despite what St. Barack tells us, the economy blows and many folks are out of work. My wife loves the Sushi there, but it's too expensive to eat there right now. The recent smoking ban has also got to be killing business in places like that, also. Ban smoking in bars; stupidest damn thing I've ever heard!

I lived in Arizona in the 90's and they did the same thing there...and it lasted about 6 months. All the bar owners in the city started holding protests outside of their establishments against the no smoking law and, more importantly, the lawmakers who voted for it. less than two months after the rallies started, the politicians repealed the law. See, being altruistic and all high and mighty is one thing, but losing your job is a whole different deal!

Hit 'em where it hurts, folks!!!

10. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

the smoking ban isn't killing anything... that's the most ridiculous statement I have ever heard.

11. Ima Sheltie

I agree. It is impossible for a ban, which came into affect 7 days ago, to kill anything. People being cautious with their money, along with the fact that Christmas will need to be paid for soon, is my reasoning for restaurants being slow right now.

You also have the New Years resolutioners committed to losing weight and eating healthier right now.

12. KellBell

EXACTLY!

and thank you.

13. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

:iagree: I was in a local "bar" last night and was told the customers are actually very positive about the smoking ban. The place was packed and the smokers seem to have no problem lighting up outside and some even said they like the fact that the air is clearer!

14. Panther Crazy

Apparently you are a bar owner, or have previous experience with the effects of a smoking ban in them. My bad :roll:

15. Panther Crazy

Ditto for you

16. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Knowing several bar owners, and having relatives that live in other states where smoking has been banned for years now, I can answer truthfully that the smoking ban hasn't hurt the businesses in other states, and the bar owners that I know here are looking at it as a fresh start and as a way to target an overall larger crowd that usually has a higher table turn over rate, thus resulting in higher food sales.

While several of them think that it honestly should be up to them to ban smoking or not in their facility, they are moving forward with a very positive outlook.

Besides if you must smoke, you can always go to the private bars/clubs or cigar bars (haven't seen one locally yet).

17. Ima Sheltie

Bar owner, no. Observant bar patron, yes.

Are you a bar owner?

18. Ima Sheltie

I agree with this also.

19. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

When they find that perfume contains harmful carcinogens that shorten the lifespan of the person sitting next to you then, yes, I'll be all for a ban.

20. KellBell

nope. neither. It's just a ridiculous assumption. period.

and just for the record....I lived in hollywood, california when they first banned smoking in the bars and clubs in the early 90's. The grunge era of music if you will....and EVERYONE smoked. It didn't change a thing. Every club was packed, still. No change except the smell of you clothes and hair when you left.