Is Capriccio 42 closed?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Jean S, Jan 7, 2010.

1. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

:cheers: I agree. Smoking has been banned in the workplace,stores and other public places for many years. Why should the public be subjected to second hand smoke just because alcohol or food is involved? I used to smoke, and yes, enjoyed a cigarrette after a meal or while drinking, but never found it to be an issue if I had to take it outside or wait until I left.

2. Ima Sheltie

Ima Sheltie Well-Known Member

If you were required to be at a place that served alcohol or food, like work, that would be an arguement, but since you went freely then it is not.

3. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

We have had this conversation, but I think this should be left up to the business owner and not the state govt. If you want to cater to smokers, go for it - if you want to offer non-smoking, go for it. There would be a market for each.

4. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

:iagree:

I'm just saying it won't be the demise of any establishment. :p

5. ARodrigues

ARodrigues Well-Known Member

Believe it or not, I wouldn't be offended if it was left to the owner's discretion. I mean, we are all free to chose where we will have dinner, anyhow. It would probably help with my decision making abilities, too. (My husband hates that)

6. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

I was in California when it started there. The complaints that it will drive away business turned out to be false. If anything, restaurants were able to run tables quicker, as fewer diners lingered over a smoke or three. Wait staff also didn't object to not smelling like an ashtray, and did like the idea of having more tables to turnover to increase tips.

The smoke does attach to clothing. Many smokers can not detect this odor. Nonsmokers can easily, much the way a person without pets knows if you have a housecat. I'd prefer that my waitperson didn't smell of cigarette smoke.

7. Panther Crazy

Panther Crazy Well-Known Member

Are you freaking serious?? Let private citizens make decisions as to the running of their own business? That's downright unliberal of you! Get with the program, Cleo. The only way to live is under the bootheel of government!

8. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

Dang it!!!! I read this thread!!!

Quit smoking now for 44 days...want a cig now :banghead:

9. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

lmao girl but i do agree, it should be up to the owner, the difference is in a workplace you have no choice, as to where you choose to go eat or drink is totally up to you so if you do not like smoking don't go there but why should your choice be more important than the person that does want to smoke, go figure:confused:

10. bout2bmarried

bout2bmarried Active Member

Well go back to califoria. Manor womena owns a buisnes let them decide smoking or non smoking

11. Panther Crazy

Panther Crazy Well-Known Member

Membership REVOKED!! Byaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!

[​IMG]

12. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

you are seriously delusional aren't you, maybe you need to up your meds.

13. amoreno

amoreno Guest

no

No sadly to say it is still opened!

14. amoreno

amoreno Guest

Capriccio 42 is closed EVERY Monday!!

15. KellBell

nice spelling.

oh and just for the record: Applebee's was packed Friday night, waiting list for 30 minutes. Saturday, you could barely get in the parking lot of the Draft House, much less the door. This non-smoking thing is killing 'em. :?

16. KellBell

:hurray::hurray::hurray:

congrats! You can do it!!!

17. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Yeah, I noticed that at lunch over there yesterday, also.:mrgreen:

Last edited: Jan 11, 2010
  18. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Noticed that at Half Times Saturday night (course part of that could have been the band) and yesterday at McKinley's it was packed.

19. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

People who smoke still gotta eat!! :mrgreen:

20. KellBell

Bingo!!!:hurray: