Is Capriccio 42 closed?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Jean S, Jan 7, 2010.

1. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Whad I win?? :jester:

2. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

3. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

the " I got more common sense in my pinky than most folks do in their whole body" award.....

same prize you always get. :mrgreen:

4. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

LOL!!! If only that were true!! :cheers: I certainly have my days when that is not the case. :mrgreen:

5. ARodrigues

ARodrigues Well-Known Member

I was also wondering how this would be handled.

Florida implemented this ban in the recent years when we were living there, but there were exceptions made for establishments that were marketed for smoking such as hookah and cigar bars..It had to do with the amount of revenue you made from food vs. other as to whether you were exempt...

6. peppercorns

peppercorns Well-Known Member

ok since we are talking about bars and smoking here....is there a private club i can join to have a drink and hubby a smoke.... and not some retarded hooka bar for kids to smoke and think they are cool......

can we make one?...lol

7. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

heard a rumor that Chops is going to reopened by 2 locals as a nonprofit private bar so they would be able to have smoking allowed. Last i heard everything is still in the works to get it in motion. Anyone been to CDH since the non-smoking started, i was told they closed in the outside patio with heaters and TV for their smoking clientele and i know Clubhouse did the same thing.

8. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I've been.... didn't notice where the smokey people were. :mrgreen:

9. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

I was in a bar in Clayton this weekend. Even though they have no smoking signs in there, everyone was smoking. They didn't seem to know what was going on with that and felt they fell under "private club" status. I understood it to be non profit private clubs only. I don't care either way, don't smoke anymore, but it doesn't bother me if someone else does. I know the owner can pay a fine on that, but so can an individual if they light up in a non smoking place. Anyone know the poop?

10. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

Kaci-we were at cdh AND clubhouse sat night. At cdh we were the table right by the patio. I didnt notice tv, but maybe. Dont know about heaters either, but it was cold out there for sure! Noticed ir every time door opened. Clubhouse had a tarp-like thing up in front of door for smokers.

11. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i was going by what Scott told me last time we were in there, said they were working on it at CDH. At Clubhouse they do have 2 propane heaters outside inside the tarp enclosure and a separate door to go out there. Personally when i have been in there it has not been long enough to die for a cig so i haven't tried it but others have when i was there and said it was good.

12. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

Thanks KellBell! It's dang hard though!!! :banghead:

13. NY9

NY9 Well-Known Member

Just an observation in case the owner happens to read this. I can appreciate the fine cuisine that seems to be served at this restaurant and have thought about trying it. That was until I saw the beat up van parked up on the berm in front of the restaurant advertising live music on Fridays. No offense intended but this looks classless.

14. freedman68

freedman68 Guest

No offense, but so are you.

15. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

:iagree: first impressions are everything

16. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

you just do not quit trying to offend people do you:confused:

17. freedman68

freedman68 Guest

And who can't wait until after they eat to smoke? Must be real bad off if you can't get through a meal without a cig.

18. freedman68

freedman68 Guest

You talkin' 2 me or NYoffense? Who have I offended?

19. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

judge ye not, lest ye be judged

20. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i am sure C3 is thanking you once again for ruining people's opinion of them, are u really that clueless are just trying to turn people away????