Is Capriccio 42 closed?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Jean S, Jan 7, 2010.

1. freedman68

freedman68 Guest

Okie doke, I really don't know what you have against me, but I'm going to be civil and let it go. I have had a lot of positive feedback since I posted about C3. I made it clear I am a sarcastic person. I was a little peeved at all the negative comments about C3 that have been posted on this board that goes way back. Maybe you are confused. I support C3 - unlike many haters who have posted as recently as this week. You have judged me wrong if you think I am clueless. If I have offended you, I do apologize. Feel free to put me on ignore if I so offend you.

2. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

It is hard! I been there! I have my 5 year anniversary of quitting this July! YOU CAN DO IT!!! you want to live a long time for them babies!!!

3. amoreno

amoreno Guest

I agree with you but even if they do read your post they wont do anything about it. Their tasteless advertising suites their style..along with the dining room flooring that is coming up, the bullet holes in the window and the plastic gloves and chips found in the food, just to rattle off a few.

4. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

You go girl! You too Shar! I've quit off and on and was a "social smoker" for a while. But since the blood clots I have been 100% quit! You couldn't pay me to smoke one now! Still want one though...but wouldn't smoke it for anything!

5. KellBell

I have zero desire for one, ever. :ack:

6. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

y'all are making me wanna take a smoke break:jester::lol:

7. KellBell

:p

8. amoreno

amoreno Guest

Closing

Capriccio 42 will officially be closing on Sunday. There is talk that they will be re-opening under new management in a few weeks......but they will not be Capriccio's.

9. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

unfortunately not surprising, although the food was really great and i loved it, it was not worth the frustratingly bad service to try to get it. Is it going to be the same owners or someone new?

10. LansingDr

LansingDr Well-Known Member

I thought they were doing OK, every time we had been there it had a decent crowd.

11. ARodrigues

ARodrigues Well-Known Member

Oh no! I really liked this place! The sushi was good and I didn't have to drive to far to get it!

12. Vinalexnc

Vinalexnc Well-Known Member

To bad its going to close. Loved the 5 dollar pizza lunch special and sushi was good. Guess we were lucky we never had bad service.

13. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

I wondered what was up when the sketchy white van with the RED "Live Band" was no longer parked on the corner????

14. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

and
    When did the Mexican Place behind McD's @40/42 close?

15. LansingDr

yeah I noticed the Mexican place was closed too!

16. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

Called it. That is a horrible location for a restaurant. That business is tough, but that corner sucks. How many have come and gone?

17. LansingDr

we ate there tonight...pretty busy and did not recall seeing most of the staff in there tonight before. Not a word was mentioned about closing.

18. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

oh good grief, was this a ploy to get people in the door before closing by claiming they were closing, that is ridiculous and totally non-professional:confused:

19. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

Come'on Kaci, I think even you know better than that. I haven't heard or seen anything "official" except the post from Amoreno and somehow, I doubt their ability to speak "officially". :?

You know how these things are, way too many "good sources" being quoted, most of them who don't know squat.. Just look on this same page of threads and there's a post about the Flip Side closing. Just road by a while ago and they seemed to be very much alive and doing well.

Now, if I was a betting man, which occasionly I am, I would probably tend to go with the "smart money" which says, they close down Sunday night, as usual will be closed on Monday, and come Tuesday the sun will rise and the doors will be open for business....maybe not under the same name, and maybe not by Tuesday, permits and such take time. I hear John will still be in the Sushi Bar, serving up the same great Sushi, and another partner will be coming in, one with a reputation at several eateries around Raleigh.

Of course, this is just what my "sources" are telling me, and you know how "sources" are!!! :)

Look for good things to come!!!

20. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i truly hope it is the same partner i heard was possibly doing it a couple months ago. The whole thing just seems really weird but i know you know what is truly going on so i listen to the voice of wisdom :grouphug: