Is Capriccio 42 closed?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Jean S, Jan 7, 2010.

1. SUEANN60

SUEANN60 New Member

Capricco

Everyone needs to support our local area business instead of spreading bad rumors about the place closing down. This is the Best Sushi place in this area, instead of cheap sushi at the Chinese buffet. SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL BUSINESS!!!!

2. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

Well said, Sueann, not only about Capriccio's but all rumors about all businesses. Let's see if we can't all HELP the local economy rather than hurt it.

3. Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle Well-Known Member

Ditto....and they had just hired some new wait staff also.

Food was fine, service was fine and the place was busy. Perhaps it changed hands seamlessly, I don't know, but it certainly didn't appear to be on the way out.

Perhaps the member who revived this thread can explain? Not to start a shootin' war but IIRC they seemed to have some inside knowledge of this business and were not particularly enamored with it. As I said, IIRC.

4. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

Very observant of you. The person who revived this thread (amoreno) has a total of 5 posts, 4 of which concern Capriccio's. The first one was something like, "sadly to say they are still open." Maybe a disgruntled former employee?

5. NY9

NY9 Well-Known Member

I see they removed the van from out front. They should also replace the sign with something a little newer/fancier, something that stands out a little more.

What the F is with 42 and the 300' signs, looks like a GD rest stop area.

6. beebsy

beebsy Well-Known Member

I think they have awesome sushi, and dh and I were thrilled to eat there one evening...we went back in the early afternoon one day, and found the sushi part wasn't open during that time of day...however, they did allow us to sit in the other side, and still made sushi for us, which we appreciated. What we didn't appreciate, however, was that while sitting on that side, there were several people at the bar, who, besides being LOUD TALKERS, could not say more than 2-3 words without inserting the F-ing F-word, GD, assorted varieties of Bee-yotches, etc. It made for an unpleasant atmosphere, and we were SO GLAD that we didn't bring our kids there to eat---not sure if this was an isolated event or not, but we definitely WILL NOT return if we have to eat on that side again...the sushi side was much better!!

7. blusdrmr

blusdrmr Well-Known Member

Sorry to say but amoreno is correct. They are closing down on Sunday night. As for a "good source", how about the owner? There are a few things behind the scenes that brought this to happen that I cannot get into. Granted, business has not been the best and part of it is location, agreed. When the owners asked if there was something in this area to look into, I told them about ODS and Chops. They chose ODS. ODS is a cool place with a great atmosphere, for the right kind of business. Honestly, I think just an old rowdy biker bar would be the best choice. I always wanted to turn it into a blues and jazz club with a cigar room upstairs. Unfortunately, money talks but it sure ain't talkin' to me.

There is another owner coming in. Partner to the other two owners? No. Is Johnny going to be there? Have no clue. From what I was told is that it will become a steak and seafood place. Hopefully, the new owner is not the guy who owns the Peppermill in Fuquay (if it's still there). He is a crook and a lowlife.

What hurts me the most about this is that the two owners, along with Johnny, are good friends of mine and I hate to see them go under. The other bad part is that is that one of my bands was booked there every first Friday for the rest of the year and we lost that opportunity, as well.

8. Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle Well-Known Member

Well, that just plain sucks! Thanks for clearing things up though.

Can you say what put them under? They seemed to do an OK-not great trade, but without knowing their expenses it's hard to know.

Also , I owe Amoreno an apology for questioning his/her motives- sorry...

9. blusdrmr

Yes it does. They are good folks.

Rather not get into it. It's not my job to air another persons dirty laundry. Let's just leave it as they are good folks that tried to do a good business and it did not work out. Cool?

Methinks you might. I don't know who that person is or what relation they have to the business, honestly.

10. dgsatman

I don't think Gomer or anyone else owes amoreno an apology. I still question their authority to "officially" state anything, and they certainlydidn't get all their facts straight, whoever they got them from. And while, they may close under the Capriccio name, that certainly doesn't mean the facility is closing. And is closing the same thing as selling? Just wondering,

All of you who seem to know so much, including you Blus, who, if you are such good friends with the owners, would know more than you obviously do.

Of couse, this is just what my "souces" have told me....I could be wrong!

11. Jean S

Jean S Well-Known Member

I still miss the Kro's Nest. I think that was probably the longest running restaurant on that corner. They had some of the BEST food....

12. blusdrmr

OH! GASP! I misspelled "Source""! WOW! Don't be an a**, Grey. You know what's going on, you own the building. Don't play stupid.

13. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

14. dgsatman

Don't know why you would call me an a**. Never mentioned your spelling.

And I'm certainly not playing dumb. It's just that some folks come on here acting like they know more than they do, and wanting to tell all they don't know, whereas I tend NOT to have the need to tell everything I know. My relatively low post count will testify to the fact that I don't feel the need to open my mouth, on every topic available, whether knowledgable or FACTUAL or not.

There used to be an old Doctor in Clayton back in the 50's- 60's (Dr. Cole, for those of you who remember him), Who was sorta quiet, and a man of few words. Someone asked him one time why he didn't have much to say. His answer was, "The less I say, the less I have to take back when I'm wrong."

Words to live by. 8)

I believe there's another one that goes something like this: (And I paraphrase)

Better to remain silent and have people wonder if you're an idiot , than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!

15. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Oh! SNAP!

16. JoCoREZ

JoCoREZ Well-Known Member

Say it isnt so

John makes the best Sushi. I will now be depressed...

John should open a small sushi bar somewhere.

17. dgsatman

Don't go loadin' up on the Lexapro yet.... I feel sure John is planning on staying around a while. 8)

18. blusdrmr

I got somethin' for ya squirrel nut boy.

I can see that some of you "people" on here are still worthless pieces of human trash. (like I thought that would ever change....silly me) Funny how you can talk big from behind a computer screen but when it comes to real confrontaion, you roll over and pee on yourself like a puppy. Get over yourself.

Now....back to your little "community love fest" so you can twiddle each other. You "people" (and I use that term very loosely) deserve each other. When you decide to remove your lips from each others' behinds, let us all in the real world know and we may let you in.

19. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

OK thanks

20. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

delete delete delete...