Is This Normal Practice

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by robbie, May 21, 2017.

1. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

While eating at a very popular restaurant bar, I had clear view of the female bartenders actions... The actions are: When any of the bar patrons were finished with their drinks she took the glasses and vigorously for about 5 seconds shook them in a sink of soapy water and then for about 5 seconds vigorously in a second sink of clean water next to it. Then she put the glasses in the cold freezer.... Then when people at bar needed another drink the glass was taken from that freezer..... My question is: How sanitary is this because two separate people at the bar I saw them squirm when served using those glasses...one I observed the boyfriend ask the girlfriend was the drink OK, and she took a second sip and said it would be alright... When I was done with my drink you could smell a funky glass odor......... Doesn't these glasses need to go thru a dishwasher..............How do they get the rim of the glasses clean that peoples mouths touched.? Just curious because I don't know if I could drink there again..........

2. Keech

Keech Member

It is normal practice. Those two sinks are suppose to have the proper sanitizer. Not sure how often it is changed. This is common a common practice. But the solution in the sinks must be maintained.

3. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

There are actually supposed to be 3 sinks. 1 soap and spinning brushes. 1 with the sanitizer and 1 with warm water for a rinse. You only need 5-7 secs with the soap and brushes. The sanitizer you just dip in and then dip in the rinsing water.

The brushes are actually a center brush with 4 brushes to the outside at each 15' mins on the clock. 1 brush at 12, 1 brush at 3, 1 brush at 6 etc.... so the rims get clean.

Last edited: May 26, 2017
    Auxie likes this.