Is Walmart coming to Cleveland?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by bnkrnr, Sep 20, 2006.

1. halucin8

halucin8 Well-Known Member

2. Josey Wales

Josey Wales Well-Known Member

Me too! I've had my eye on a big bag of M&Ms for quite some time now.

3. blessed

blessed Well-Known Member

I've heard that SECU and either KFC or BoJangle's is going down at the McGee's 210/40 area. In fact SECU is almost built behind the Shell station.

4. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

:lol:

Josey, you ain't right. :)

5. rockyv

rockyv Guest

well on my wish list I would like to see a Costco's come out our way. I had read on Wral's web page about 4 years ago that Publix (out of florida) was looking to open stores up here. I use to love shopping there. Publix was teh only place i could get my Raspberry Ginger Ale

6. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

The Bojangle's is a no for sure. KFC... I have no clue either way.

7. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

If we're making wish lists, how about a major league baseball team? They prob'ly wouldn't let us call it Cleveland, though. :wink:

8. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

Top on my wish list are book and fabric stores.

9. Breezy18

Breezy18 Well-Known Member

Since we are wishing...

Chick-fil-a
    Target
    Costco (they have one on Wake Forest Road - opening soon!)
    Old Navy

10. MissyPrissy

MissyPrissy Well-Known Member

11. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

any idea where on Wake Forest Rd.???

12. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

Corner of Wake Forest & Six Forks (near teh car dealers - Dodge, Buick, Cadillac, etc)

13. bnkrnr

bnkrnr Member

Rasberry Ginger Ale - that sounds really good!!

14. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Nothing like putting the area to sleep with a boring game of baseball.

:lol:

Craig

15. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

Yep, I see by your avatar, you prefer hockey and football, and prolly college basketball! I like the Panthers, too, and I have to admit the Hurricanes were pretty awesome this year. But I'm still a Red Sox fan, even though they're not doing too well right now. Maybe in another 88 years they'll win another world series. :oops:

16. rockyv

rockyv Guest

Yea I use to get Seagrams Raspberry ginger ale all the time when i lived in South florida and use to bring it back with me when i would go visit family, But havent been able to get it in the past two years. I held on to a couple of hte empty cans just so i could bring it to the store to show the managers but they all seam to get a deer in the head lightts look.

One thing i would like to see deleted from anyone's wish list is used car lots We have six of them that i can thing of just off the top of my head. To me thats about 5 too many. But heck thats just me.

Another grocery store chain I would like to see come here is Albertson's.

17. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I definitely would vote to see Albertson's come to this area, I love the one near my Mom's in FL. I also like the new Publix they just got, it's got a phenomenal bakery dept.

18. Melynda

Melynda Well-Known Member

Nooo - Not a Bass Pro Shop!! My husband had to spend a couple of months in Charlotte a while back for work. I think he half lived at that store. My son & I would spend weekends in Charlotte with him. Unfortunately, my son liked the store as much as his dad did. I think my boys could go the Bass Pro Shop daily if there were one nearby. I'd hate to have to go to the Bass Pro Shop if I wanted to get to visit with my family on the weekends. NO BASS PRO SHOP :)

19. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i agree with Melynda - NO BASS PRO SHOP - our credit cards would be maxed out way too quick :lol:

20. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

Chick-fil-a
    Please !!!

and if it's a KFC at 210-40
    - maybe it will be a combo with Taco Bell!!!

Yummmy!