Is Walmart coming to Cleveland?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by bnkrnr, Sep 20, 2006.

1. rockyv

rockyv Guest

i know i have seen this combo when i lived in Florida a KFC/Taco Bell/Pizza Hut all in one. that would be nice.

2. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Are you giving us a hint that there may be one coming soon??? :lol:

3. Melynda

Melynda Well-Known Member

I just had to put a plug in for the West View PTA. We are selling Chick-fil-A Calendars for $5. You'll get your money back & much more if you use all the coupons in the calendars.

If you have a child who is enrolled at West View, you can print an order form from the West View PTA website:
    http://www.westviewpta.com

4. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

You may be in luck, or out of luck depending on how you look at it.

Triangle Business Journal reports that Bass Pro shops and Cabella's are both looking in the area

http://triangle.bizjournals.com/triangle/stories/2006/06/12/story6.html

5. rjfields

rjfields Well-Known Member

Gee a Wal Mart so I can stand in line and look at 60 unused lines while they have the slowest almost dead people running the two open lines. Please oh please how could we ever get that lucky. I mean gosh we already have under staffed Food Lion, can we handle a under staffed Wal mart. 24 hours of useless stuff right here.

Count me out please.

6. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

Count me out too.

Remember the 2 cashiers are both part time after years of WallyWorld and still have no health insurance and work as 35-39 hours a week.

Gotta love that...

7. motorider

motorider Well-Known Member

Mal-Wart

Now you're catching on!!!

Most, if any, economic gain by being "so lucky" to have a Mal-Wart locate in your community is temporary, at best!

A little dated, but so very true:
    http://www.sprawl-busters.com/caseagainstsprawl.html

Be SOMEBODY!!! other than just another commerical butt ugly crossroad in Amerkia.

8. halucin8

halucin8 Well-Known Member

:twisted: WAL-MART :twisted:

9. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Well, it doesn't give them a right to take it out on their customers. I LOVE the new survey questions at the register.

"Was your cashier friendly today?"

Hell no, she didn't even look at me!!

IF YOU DON'T LIKE YOUR JOB, GO GET A NEW ONE!!!

10. AFriend

AFriend Guest

In Greensboro, they are both located at the intersection of Wendover and Bridford.

11. Quincy8Boy

Quincy8Boy Well-Known Member

They get limited health insurance now.

Better than what I got and I work for one of the biggest pharmaceutical companies in the world.

12. rbcwolf

rbcwolf Active Member

While we are wishing, how about an auto parts store like Auto Zone or Advanced Auto? Please, no Pep Boys though.

13. nevilock

nevilock Well-Known Member

we used to have an advance auto i think, but it packed its bags and left.

14. rockyv

rockyv Guest

Before I got the job I am at now, I worked last fall at the wally world on 70 in clayton. It had to be the most depressing job i ever worked.... suicide was even a better choice then working at wally world. The only people who actually liked working there were the managers, or people too stupid to get a job anywhere else. They would never give you full time work. All I could get was 16 hours a week. I even heard on NPR that illegals (working at mohawk carpet) were making more money then I was. Also I know a few full timers at wally world and they do have health benifits. They have to work there two years before they get benefits. Also there is a 250.00 deductable on the co-pay. So you have to pay out of pocket 250.00 just on normal visits to your doctor before they might pay out anything. Before I worked at wallly world I refused to ever shop there. And even after working there I still refuse to shop there. So even if they built one closer to us I would still drive to Garner to shop at Target

15. scotsman

scotsman Member

There's been some pretty persistant rumours about a Super Wal-Mart or Super Target out near 50 and 210. Don't know any of the particulars but there is a whole lot of land out there (next to the new CVS).