Itunes Install

Discussion in 'PC Help Desk' started by ddrdan, Apr 14, 2013.

1. ddrdan

ddrdan Well-Known Member

Been trying to install Itunes, for two days, on 3 different pc's, all running vista, all running install as administrator, all usb 2.0+ capable, all external devices removed, and all with firewall & VP protection turned off !!!!

All 3 give me a fault at install 'finish' that says the mobile device drivers and Apple Mobile Service faulted. It says uninstall Itunes and reinstall. Then, the reinstall fails because the uninstall leaves data that conflicts with the re-install.

Great Job programmers!!

You developed a software that initiates an install fault code that issues a fix that doesn't work because your uninstall is biased crap that wants to leave a presence even after a user uninstall!

Forcing the use of a third party software to completely uninstall your code remnants. And after 2 passes with that software, there are still items left that 'another' third party software will find. And finally !!!!!! the user must scan explorer to remove all the empty directories left behind in 8 places.

Now that I got that jackass alert off my chest ....... I've searched the web and all the fixes found are not working. Even after that complete cleaning process, the install continues to fail at finish with the same reasons.

Any ideas!! I haven't looked at trying older versions of Itunes? Not sure that will make a difference and it may leave something behind also?

2. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

One thing that comes to mind, I think they have a separate .msi for 32 bit and 64 bit. The default install is likely 32 bit. Is your Vista version 32 bit?

3. ddrdan

ddrdan Well-Known Member

The Vista is 32 bit. I'll check the download I have today, thanks!!