JC School Board Q of the Day

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Grinder, Apr 11, 2012.

1. ginger1989

ginger1989 Well-Known Member

Maybe it was Al in the trailer.

Seriously. JoCo thinks it can play by its own rules when it comes to anything. NEVER in my life have I seen anything like it. It is just unfathomable to me what they think they can do and get away with. They really live in a bubble. To them, following federal law is optional. They do not care about the children. At all. Most of the teachers do, don't get me wrong, I have seen, worked with and have had them teach my children, but administration- a joke.

I have my own question for them:
    How much money is wasted each year on lawyers to defend the County for blatant disregard for the law (IDEA/ADA; kids with disabilities being denied services) because most parents of children with these disabilities know the laws and their child's rights and the County just tells them "don't worry your pretty little head about it! We know what we are doing"?????

Makes me want to vomit.

2. Shadow Rider

Shadow Rider Well-Known Member

Are they hiring??

3. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

:(

Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
  4. oggsmash

oggsmash Well-Known Member

Could you post their code of conduct? I only ask because I remember things like that happening 22+ years ago in Clayton, and no one got canned then either.

5. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

6. Grinder

Dear School Board,

Is it possible that in Johnston County, an EC teacher, who has 5 previous complaints against her, one of which is by the Department of Social Services, one by the ESL department and also 3 other complaints, that she can take some of her students home with her - to her house - and spend the night at her house? That these kids could be sleeping on the floor next to her bed? And is it possible that the School Board refused to take any action against this teacher because they believe she has "a big heart"?

7. momtofive

momtofive Well-Known Member

I agree that the board and highers ups can be blind - or turn a blind eye - to serious issues, but I think this one also deals with parent responsiblity. What were the complaints for?

Otherwise, I like that our board is being exposed, so keep it coming!

8. LovingLife10

LovingLife10 Well-Known Member

I'm curious about why Grinder seems to be the only one who knows about all of these "scandals." Everyone else just seems to be responding to the things he is putting out here. I'm very wary about passing information along unless I know that it is 100% fact. Until then, it's just a rumor and terrible things can come of rumors. I'd like to to hear from at least more than one person who knows these accusations to be fact before I go judging anyone or costing them their jobs.

9. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

FTR, Grinder's posts are asking questions, not presenting facts. Seems to be semantics, but there is a difference.

10. sassymom

sassymom Well-Known Member

:iagree:

11. sassymom

sassymom Well-Known Member

That is my problem with them as well, they are all ?'s about teachers and morals, not about education and our kids. Yes teachers should have morals, but until they are proven guilty or more than one person knows this its just a parent raging against the board!

12. Grinder

They are only asking questions. But they are asking very specific and detailed questions. :)

And i am not the only one who knows these. Im just the only one posting them on here.

They are posted on here to show corruption at the School Board level. Not necessarily at certain or individual teachers. If i know about them, then the School Board knows about them and trust me, the School Board knows that me and others know about them and they are not happy about it. The questions are posed so enough information is given about the subject so that one can see that someone else besides the Board knows the event in question existed.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
  13. LovingLife10

Kdc...Seriously, semantics? These are passive aggressive accusations against unnamed teachers, administrators and school board members. They might be disguised as sarcastic questions, but we all know what they are.

Grinder....the question remains, how do you know all of these are facts? There are plenty of things I've been told that I beleive could be true, but I don't know for fact. Is it possible that the school board knows that even untrue accusation can ruin someone's career? And that before they let the whole world know they are or have investigated they want to get facts straight? Maybe things were "swept under the rug" because they were found to be untrue and they didn't want to ruin someone's reputation by giving the rumors any validation. You'd either have to be one of the ones investigating or one of the perps to know all of this for fact, and I don't think you are either.

Oh and remember these are just questions I've posed, not accusations :jester:

14. Grinder

Does the Board know that unfounded accusations can ruin someone's career?

Heh, yes they do. And as to wether or not my questions are based in fact or not, well, the School Board believes they are. Wonder whey they think that?

15. Grinder

The reasons for these posts are because of a case that is currently before the Board right now and has been for about a month and a half. It is not the Canally case, but this case has not been mentioned or brought up on here (which i am actually glad for).

The Board is playing hard ball with this case, and me and a number of other people are playing hard back. I could not ask these questions with this much detail if i was sitting here making them up.

16. LovingLife10

I'm not saying you're making them up. I'm sure someone told you these things happened, but that's my point. What's the saying?...unless you saw it with your own eyes or heard it with your own ears, you shouldn't be speaking it with your own mouth (or typing it with your own hands in this case). The only thing I can add to this discussion is that in my experiences, I have never known the board or the county to not investigate accusations, especially when they are numerous ones against the same person. They cannot act on rumors. They can investigate based on rumors, but they can't fire someone or hold someone accountable for something they don't know for a fact happened. But, carry on...I hope you get what you're after.

17. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

If you will note, I gave no opinion of my own either way, just stating that so far, what he has posted, has not technically been prestented as fact. Take that how you will, but no need to get your knickers in a twist with me about it. :jester:

18. LovingLife10

Oh don't worry, no twisting happening here. I just thought it was funny that you would say, "well technically......." when it's very clear what's going on. After rereading some of Grinders posts, I realize that they are actually more pointed than they first came across. It's not too hard to figure out who he is accusing in some of them. I mean how many female teachers were recently promoted to administrative positions at the high school level? But he's not accusing, just asking questions.

I don't personally know or care about any of the people he's referring to including the board members, but I hate seeing people's jobs and their families' livleyhoods put at stake for something they may or may not have done. I have seen careers ruined by rumors that were later found to be untrue, but by the time the witch hunt was over, there was no salvaging what was left. It's devastating to everyone involved. That's why I'm very careful about making accusations based on what I've heard through the grapevine.

19. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I see where you are coming from. I also see where he is coming from.

Personally? I think they are making up for their lack of action in one case by over reacting on another. We will see when and if the facts ever come out.

20. J34

J34 Well-Known Member

i don't know fact or fiction...but i do have an opinion...and that's on grinder and his actions here on the discussion boards. he generally does not jump in unless it is important to the citizens of our community. we don't all have the time or energy to keep up with all that's going on in our local schools, our local government, etc, etc, so i, for one, am glad that he is bringing up these issues in an inquisitive manner and continuing to do so even though some people just wanna hate.

my experience with grinder is that he makes a distinct effort to be inquisitive and to remain knowledgeable and even to change his original opinion when the facts and evidence warrant.

it's an open discussion board, and you can say what you want (within the rules you agreed to when you registered)...grinder, i hope you keep talking.