JC School Board Q of the Day

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Grinder, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

Thanks Bradley90.

This is where everything has sunk down to now.

Ever since Coach accepted a deal, of sorts, with the Board early last week, the accuser has felt the situation was pretty much over and she was free and clear. No i dont know if thats exactly what she felt since she hasnt told me but her actions speak. So the accuser has found one of the supporters from the facebook page and singled her out. The girl that has been singled out is not a popular girl, not well known, kind of plain, little overweight - the typical target for a bully.

So the accuser and her last friend singled out this girl and started with the verbal harassment. It started Tuesday and continued all last week. The situation was brought up to the SRO, Principal and Vice-Principals. All have done nothing so far. In fact, the principal wont return the parents phone calls any more. None of them will.

Yesterday it turned physical when the accuser was walking to her 4th block class and had a clear path to the classroom. Instead she crossed the hall and over to the target and pushed/shoved her into a group of other students and up against the wall and then continued on her way.

Calls to the school were not answered nor returned. The parent had no choice and went to the magistrate. The magistrate gave the parent a "chain of the way it needs to be handled" and it starts with the school and the SRO. Now the magistrate was nice, polite and very sympathetic. He did say however that if it did not clear up, the target would have to come down to press charges.

Now, can anyone guess why nothing has been done to the accuser/bully?

Because the School Board needs the accuser as squeeky clean as possible so she can testify against Coach if and when it ever goes to trial. They do not need her coming in to court with charges against her or having her character questioned (more than it will be at trial).

Nice aint it? All because they need Coach to be the fall guy because of how they messed up Canally.

2. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

If the school system fails to get a conviction. He can then pursue wrongful termination suit and damages claim to the school system right?

He probably has enough supporters to finance that little charge.

3. Grinder

Yes he can and yes he will and yes he does :)

As far as i know, anyway.

4. zappa126

zappa126 Well-Known Member

If the guy takes a "deal" seems to me there would be no further action. What am I missing.

5. Grinder

Mr. McNamara's probable cause hearing, that was continued 2 weeks ago, will be continued again tomorrow.

Nope. Nothing wrong with this picture at all.

6. ServerSnapper

Teachers these days are under contract. Which means they are not held under the "Right To Work" clause the rest of us are. THis teacher can sue the bejeezus out of Johnston County Schools. I hope he does. I hope he goes after the brats parents for raising a lil liar to. Just my opinion. If this were a male student. This wouldn't even be an issue.

7. Shadow Rider

Shadow Rider Well-Known Member

"Right To Work" has nothing to do with being terminated, contract or not. You're thinking of "at will employment".

8. Grinder

Latest facebook group for JoCo et al

JoCo Examiner & Record

Search for it. Easy to find.

9. ServerSnapper

Both have been mentioned in the news with the same meaning.

10. Shadow Rider

If so, the news media is wrong also. Google is your friend, embrace it!!8)

11. ServerSnapper

I will never embrace the darkside of the force...NEVER!!

12. Shadow Rider

I love to get state politicians on "right to work". I have several tell me that unions are prohibited in NC because we are a "right to work" state. Then I love to name off the unions in NC, and explain to them what "right to work" really is. Amazing how many are flabbergasted because for so long that thought it meant a ban on unionization or had it confused with "at will employment".

And you to think they were paid to know better and still make our laws!

13. Grinder

"Superintendent Dr. Ed Croom told WTSB News, “The Student Code of Conduct will be applied and we would like to thank law enforcement for their assistance in this matter. Johnston County Schools takes these issues seriously. The safety of our students and staff is always at the top of our priorities.”

Unless you are a student at Corinth Holders and a supporter of Coach Mac and you are bullied by the accuser of Coach Mac. Then they look the other way until legal action is threatened against the school system.

14. Grinder

Good morning Joco School Board. Got a question for you. Is it true that at least 2 teachers within the school system have been charged with DUI's? Probably not a huge deal but is it also true that the Board knew full well of the details of these arrests and decided not to take any action against the teachers as long as word of these arrests never got out to the public? Still not quite a big deal? Ok, its it also true that one of these teachers got a DUI after they wrecked their car? Still not a big deal? Ok, is it true that with this same incident, this teacher wrecked their car, got charged with a DUI and ALSO had a student in their car at the same time that happened to be babysitting for that teacher? And is it also true that this teacher's contract was renewed even after this incident? So to recap..this one particular teacher gets drunk, has a wreck, charged with DUI and has one of their students in the car - involved in the wreck as well - and this teacher still gets renewed? And the Board knew of all this? Oh...have a good day.

15. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

Did you see the N&O this AM?

"Teacher charged with peeping" - in the Triangle & Co. section.

Last edited: May 11, 2012
  16. Grinder

:) Saw that. I guess someone had to win it. Think its pretty much a slap in the face of a lot of teachers in the County but hey, someone had to win it.

17. kevinsmithii

kevinsmithii Well-Known Member

Almost sounds liked he patted himself on the back.

18. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

How was that a slap in the face? It was Administrator of the year, not Teacher of the Year. The Teacher of the Year is Carrie Lee of Powhatan Elem. Congrats Mrs Lee! Then there is the Office Professional of the Year, Wanda Garner of Wilsons Mill. Congrats Ms. Garner!

There are other "of the Years", too. Teacher Assistant, First Year Teacher, Volunteer, Principal, Asst Principal, eh too many to list really. Check out the JCSD website and see for yourself all of the great people we have working with and for our children.

19. Grinder

I guess its not.

Unless you believe that the School Board in itself does not care about its teachers, but only their own political aspirations. Since he was elected as Super by the Board, then he is the top dog and when the Super and Board can treat teachers the way they do, then in my opinion, Croom getting awarded anything is a slap in the face to the teachers of this county.

That is unless you are "with them" and then your mis-deeds get covered up and if that is the case, the Board is the greatest organization ever.

Matter of perspective i suppose.

20. Grinder

Coach Mac goes back to court today to try and have his Probable Cause hearing. It has been continued twice already, by the JoCo DA but we are hopeful it will get heard today.

For the record, its now pushing 80 days since this has started. Law enforcement has yet to talk to Coach to get his side of the story.