jehovah witness

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Rockyv58, Apr 6, 2013.

1. I've never had a problem with the JW's or the Mormons or any other group that comes to my door. I simply listen to what they have to say for a couple of minutes, take their literature, tell them I'm happy with my religion, and thank them for stopping by. What's wrong with extending them the same common courtesy you would extend to anyone else?

You may not care for thier message, but you have to at least give the Jehovah's Witnesses credit for having the courage of thier convictions.

2. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Yes, I have met Rocky. He is a sweetheart.

3. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Thank you very much.

I have nothing against the Jehovah Witness. But irks me is we get bombarded with advertising on our TV's, Radio, Internet,sides of buses, benches, phone solicitors, people coming to our door wanting me to do everything from buy encyclopedias, meat, stereos, convert to Mormon, Christianity, Jehovah Witness'.

I control the commercials on TV by dvr'ing my shows and zipping past the commercials. On the radio when a commercial comes on I change the station. I screen my phone calls, and when they come to the door I close it on them. At what point do we say enough is enough and take back our privacy.

They even put advertising into video games, and in video tapes and dvd's.

4. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

Lol 8)

5. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

:iagree:

6. stay-at-homer

stay-at-homer Member

I agree with you. I did have a problem with something that was said this last time that someone came to my door, however.

In describing how the end of days are near, she stated as a fact that 80% of the girls at Clayton High School are pregnant.

Being someone involved with the high school scene from time to time, I know this number is quite the fabrication.

I don't like telling lies about children in order to further the sales pitch.

I did politely tell her I think she was mistaken and used the meeting as an opportunity to talk to my kids about how to have an intelligent conversation with someone about something you disagree with them about.

OK- that's my 1st post ever and I may not post for awhile still...I felt compelled.

7. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

Your 1st one is a great one! Well done and kudos for how you handled the situation.