Jill's Beach

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by aprilt01, Mar 23, 2010.

1. what???

2. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

I don't see what the big deal is. Every tanning salon I've been to operates this way. The 24 hour waiting is for your own safety and when you sign up for a membership you have to tell them when you want to cancel. How else will they know? Seems reasonable to me.

3. OmniOne1

OmniOne1 Well-Known Member

:iagree:

4. Jills Beach

Jills Beach Guest

This is Jill

Hey there, this is Jill. I clicked on here to see what people were saying about our new salon (which, by the way is the new baby and I am very proud of her:) I know Alison explained the 24 hour law in her response but there still seems to be some confusion. The 24 hour law was not made up by us, although I do happen to agree with it, it was put in to place by The North Carolina Department of Radiation. The DOR is who regulates us; It's cut and dry. As far as they are concerned there are NO exceptions. This is put in to place to protect your beautiful skin and to avoid overexposure. We take what we do very seriously and are able to tan you perfectly without ever overexposing you.

I understand the 24 hour law is sometimes inconvenient, but the law is the law and we follow it. If another salon in the area is not following the law that is their choice, their livelihood.

We love the 40/42 area and are so happy to be meeting all the new wonderful people. My family moved to NC in 1989 when my parents bought a business in Clayton. 40/42 is the perfect fit for us, our Insurance agent is there (Jack Coats), our banks (BB&T & Four Oaks), and our accountant (Margaret Hewitt) are all ties we hold to the community. It took us a few years to get to the area, but we're here now and it feels like home. I hope anyone on here will come in and take a tour of our salon and make their own judgment.

5. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Good job Jill, I applaud your stance and professional response.

Hope your new venture does well, unfortunately I think Morticia Adams is hot, consequently you can't count on my business.

6. RealityCheck

RealityCheck Well-Known Member

How come the Department of Radiation is not listed on the ncgov.com website? Never heard of that Department before and retired from State Government.

7. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

8. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

very well put Jill and we welcome you to our little neck of the woods, yet your prices are quite a bit higher than the other local salons, so wherever you are hailing from may have the higher prices (yeah i work in Cary so i know price variation) maybe you ought to revisit them when you are in a different community to stay competitive. Your salon is very nice and the beds are nice but in these days and times most people are looking for price savings. Welcome and i hope you will continue to be a part of our little community. JMHO

9. pkc789

pkc789 Well-Known Member

I learned a bad lesson about the 24 hour rule. Many years ago I went to a shady place that allowed you to come and go to use tanning beds without supervision. This was at someones home. I didn't know any better and went on a Friday night and again on Saturday morning. My results we extrememly painful and I have scars on my shoulders to remind me. I have since owned my own tanning bed (at my home, no longer have it) and I never tanned without more than 36 hours between sessions again. Be safe. It may not always be convenient but your skin is worth it.

10. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

all tanning salons do NOT operate this way.....T's and the owner before T's and the owner before that (the original) have all run the salon in the same manner (thankfully). You pay monthly and YOU get to pick what beds you want, meaning you don't have to pay "extra" for the shorter, high-pressured beds. No other salon does that, not around here. T and her staff are trained to know how to time you in any bed to get your base tan and how to tan each individual properly according to their skin types. I have been going there for almost 12 years. It's, by far, the best deal and tanning place around. period.

11. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

woohoo, saw T Saturday at the Strawberry Festival, sweet as she can be as always:hurray::hurray:

12. KellBell

she is a gem. which just makes going there even better. She knows you by name, she treats you like she's known you all her life, and she bends over backwards to please. Love her!

13. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

gotta get back in there so i don't burn when we head to the beach this year and i thank you for letting me know about her last year:hurray:

14. KellBell

:cheers:

15. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

AND you don't have to pay an extra $19.95 if you want to cancel your contract cause there isn't one!

16. Bren

Bren Well-Known Member

Yep, I went to T's last year too and she is a very sweet girl. I loved going there and I'm thinking about joining again this year. I usually only go for a month to get a base tan so I don't burn.

17. michelle

Have any of you tried Suntan City at 42? DD just went today and signed up for a month. They have a bad that doesn't put out the bad rays that causes skin cancer. I can't remember the name of it but it's very high tech. The whole place seems great.

18. KellBell

I hate to burst your bubble, but there is no such thing as a 'safe' tan (unless you use sunless bronzers). There are two kinds of UV rays, UVA and UVB. Both are dangerous. The bottom line is that there is no tanning bed that will give you color without exposing you to the UV Rays because the UV rays are what change your skin color. I so wish there was a way to safely tan. :cry:

19. michelle

You are right. I should have done my homework a little better before I spoke. I was going by what the lady at STC told us yesterday.

20. KellBell

I just wish there was a way to tan safely girl....because I love it. I do everything I can to be safe about it, but I am going to do it. :mrgreen:

and it kinda urks me that a place 'sells' their packages to people saying it's 'safe'....so wrong. but a lot of people 'buy' it.