Job Listings

Discussion in 'Jobs Network' started by kookookacho, Jan 14, 2009.

1. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

I get emails from JCC and some of them are about jobs and I figured I'd pass them along. There is a vast range... hope this helps some of my fellow 4042 friends. :)

RNs, LPNs, CNAs JOB# 4837-4

Worksite Address:

Raleigh, Clayton, Butner, Goldsboro, Roxboro, Winston-Salem areas
    Located on a Bus Line:
    Unknown
    Job Title:
    RNs, LPNs, CNAs
    Category:
    Healthcare/Medical
    FT/PT:
    Part-time and Full-Time
    Number of Openings:
    Multiple
    Days of Week:
    Varies: All shifts available
    Minimum Age:
    Education Required:
    Other
    How to Apply:
    VISIT THE JOBLINK CENTER AND REFERENCE JOB# 4837-4 FOR DETAILS

Please do not respond to this email. For information on the below posted jobs, visit the JobLink Center. We are located in the Wilson Building and are open from 8am to 5pm, Monday - Friday.

JOB# 4847-1 Level 2 Buyer - Smithfield

JOB# 4848-3 Shipping & Receiving Clerk - Kenly

JOB# 4849-3 Manufacturing Process Technician - Clayton

JOB# 4851-5 Building Attendant - Goldsboro

JOB# 4852-5 Basketball Scorekeeper - Goldsboro

JOB# 4853-5 Bilingual Social Worker I - Smithfield

JOB# 4854-5 Human Services Coordinator II - Smithfield

JOB# 4855-1 Front Desk Associate/Part time - Smithfield

PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS EMAIL. VISIT THE JOBLINK CENTER FOR DETAILS ON THE BELOW JOB POSTING.

JOB# 4857-3
    Terminal Operator- Selma, NC 27576
    Category: Mechanical
    FT/PT: Full-Time
    Job Description: Responsible for all operating aspects of the terminal such as inventory control; receipt of petroleum products via pipeline; trouble-shooting, repair and maintenance of loading rack and other terminal equipment; preparation of various terminal reports; and general building/office maintenance.
    Wage Minimum: $ 18.44
    Wage Base: Hourly
    Additional Comments on Wages: DOE -- A competitive benefits package is included.
    Minimum Age: 18
    Education Required: HS Diploma/GED
    Experience Required: Related industry experience is a plus.
    Additional Information: Must be willing to work "on-call" hours and weekends as needed. A mechanical aptitude and PC skills are required along with excellent math ability, communication skills, and organizational skills.
    How to Apply: VISIT THE JOBLINK CENTER AND REFERENCE JOB# 4857-3
    Last Date to Apply: 1/23/2009

as I get more I'll post them.

2. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS EMAIL.

FOR DETAILS ON THESE JOB POSTINGS, VISIT THE JOBLINK CENTER. JOBLINK IS LOCATED IN THE WILSON BUILDING.

JOB# 4864-5 Street Maintenance Crew Leader - Clayton

JOB# 4865-5 Utility Maintenance Mechanic - Clayton

JOB# 4866-1 Customer Service Reps. (5) - Full-time - Smithfield

JOB# 4867-3 Production Supervisor - Smithfield

JOB# 4868-5 Lifeguards (50) - Part-time - Smithfield

3. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

I am secure in my job. But I am wondering about others in my type of position. We can't afford to take a $40.00 an hour pay cut.

4. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

If I took a $40/hr pay cut, I'd be paying them for me to work. :)

5. mom2~1boy

mom2~1boy Guest

LOL that is what I was thinking, but in all seriousness I would rather take a pay cut than lose my job right now, good luck to all those who need one!

6. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

I thought you were a contractor Clif.

7. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

I was (may be again) but I wasn't quite making $40/hr (closer to $35/hr).

8. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

:iagree:

9. ddrdan

ddrdan Well-Known Member

I offered my employer a 43% cut in gross pay to keep my job. Didn't help their situation. I'm glad they didn't take the offer. I'll make more from the ESC, if you count transportation and the other costs of going to work.

Some humor you might enjoy. I met wit an ESC rep the other day on paid programs for career changes. She asked me, "What do you see yourself doing in ten years?" I thought it was a dumb question seeing how I'm 55, so I said, "Having my Depends changed by the nurse and asking for more juice." You could hear laughing 3 cubicals away.

10. ShrtnSwt

ShrtnSwt Well-Known Member

Good one!

11. Jeepgirl

Jeepgirl Well-Known Member

That was really good. I want that $40/hr job too!! I can't seem to find anything making what I would make now and the only interview that I have had since the beginning of December was for $4/hr less than what I am making now and ended up being told that I was too over qualified for the job. He was right, I definitely was, but at least it would have been a job.

12. ddrdan

ddrdan Well-Known Member

"over qualified for the job" = Dam ... this person could take my job!!! Stamp on application: "NO HIRE"

13. Jeepgirl

Thanks!! That makes me feel a whole lot better. Being laid off 4 times in 6 1/2 years is getting really tough.

14. ddrdan

ddrdan Well-Known Member

Sorrrrrry:oops: But I think I have you beat. I've been working a full time worthless job and 2 part time jobs for six years. I found the perfect job, working for the perfect people, six months ago that paid me enough to quit all 3 prior jobs and I got laid off last week. Build me up just to let me down!!:lol::lol:

But hey, it's an opportunity .... right?

15. Jeepgirl

Yep, you definitely have me beat. That really sucks!! Best of luck to you!!

16. Debyan

Debyan Well-Known Member

I think my husband is in the running for good hard luck story. Laid off , found a job , laid off went back to school for cdl got a job leased a truck, worked 2 + years almost had the truck then had a heart attack lost the truck and looking again for a job. Want a local truck driving now no more long distance for him:)

17. Jeepgirl

My husband did the truck driving thing for 9 years then got out. He was local so he came home every night, not that he was home early enough most of the time to see the kids, but he was home. He still has his CDL's just in case even though there is absolutely no reason for him to have them with his current job. Good luck to your husband. Finding a good LTL job around here is next to impossible. Most of the guys who are there will stay in that job until they die.

Oh, I know you wanted local, but Papa Johns might be a place to look into. It is kind of a weird schedule, but they are home quite a bit and good pay from what I understand. I think they are off of Greenfield Parkway. I know they were hiring a few months ago, not sure if they are looking now, but it wouldn't hurt to call or stop by.

18. Debyan

Debyan Well-Known Member

Thanks, I will tell him to try PaPa John"s I don't believe he would have thought to try there.

19. PowerTim

PowerTim Well-Known Member

Hilarious. The ESC rep, who I am sure spends a majority of the day asking folks in need of a job silly, rhetorical questions, didn't see that one coming I'm sure. Glad you can see humor in that situation. I wish you the best of luck. :jester:

20. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Loved the story. What would the world be like if we could not laugh? I'll bet they will remember your story for a long time.

Sherry :lol: