Johnston County Animal Control Strike Again!!!

Discussion in 'Cat Dog' started by Anonymous, Oct 5, 2004.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Well-Known Member

Please people, animals cant testify and everyone here knows that!!! This entire discussion board has gone from a group of decent people voicing their opinions to a bunch of idiots who dont know the difference between being open and being decent. Nikos family lost a beloved member and instead of making a big laugh by bouncing jokes off their tragedy, all of you being rude are really just making fools of yourselves.[/b]

2. Anonymous

Let me clarify for thosse of you confused, It is the fault of the owners that Niko jumped the fence. It is the fault of the Johnston County Animal Control that he was killed. We are trying to fix the issue of an irresponsible Animal Shelter. The issue of Niko jumping the fence has already been dealt with. OBTW I would appreciate you not referring to me as ignorant, providing I am more than likley more educated on the subject than you.

3. Anonymous

Niko

To Niko's Family, my thoughts are still with you. He is smiling down upon you!

4. Anonymous

NIKO

I will reiterate, Niko's "humans", are very responsible pet owners. And, Peppercorn, Mark and their daughter loved Niko. So, as mentioned, animals are escape artists, and Niko never showed any aggressive behavior, so please stop blaming Niko's family, they lost a member of their family, and were very responsible in taking care of medical costs for Peppercorn. When this all happened, Niko's family had positive plans on how to go about correcting this situation.

5. Anonymous

Are they stupid or mentally ill?

LOL! Boy that's the truth.

6. Anonymous

Update please

:?: Did anyone attend the meeting at Town Hall? Please update those of us who could not be there :!:

7. Anonymous

Fine, but if your dog crosses your property line you have broken the law. Is that simple enough for you, or will you eventually need a judge to explain it to you?
    Its fine for Niko's family to trust their dog all they want, but their neighbors shouldn't have been forced to, and I think they have learned that lesson.

I have seen children pounced on by large dogs including german shepherds and I've heard their screams. They all thought they were about to die. Imagine living in a neighborhood where someone has a lion inside a picket fence. That's what its like for a small child. How would you feel walking to your mailbox? What would you say to the owner who says "oh he won't bite". There is NO EXCUSE for taking that kind of chance with a child or putting them through the terror of being pounced on by a dog twice their size. There is no chance too remote when you're talking about a small child and a powerful dog. Niko's family is very lucky no one was seriously hurt ...and I guarantee you that if a child had been attacked, a jury would be blaming somebody and it wouldn't be Niko.

8. Anonymous

Hello!
    I just got off the phone with one of the newspapers, and this is a sense of what happened last night!
    Niko's family said that they wanted to work WITH Roger and Rick and not against them. They were very nice and courteous, no fighting, etc.
    They also stated that there should be changes done to benefit the animals in Nikos family.
    Im so glad the Niko's family came to their senses, and they want to work with Rick and Roger. It sounded like they forgave tham, and that as a united group, they would all work together as one! This is what I've been saying all along! I'm glad they relized that Niko was sort of to blame, and not take it out on Roger and Rick! Kudos to the Family

9. Anonymous

ONCE AGAIN BULLET THE SUBJECT ISN'T IF THE DOG OR OWNERS WERE BAD.

THE THING HERE WE ARE DOING AND NOT JUST YELLING ABOUT IS TO MAKE SURE THERE ARE CHANGES AT THE SHELTER.

OTHERWISE OTHER ANIMALS MIGHT HAVE TO GO THREW THIS AGAIN. I WILL NOT JUST SIT HERE AND LET THAT HAPPEN.
    I HAVEN'T BEEN JUST SITTING HERE COMPLAINING HOWEVER I AM TAKING POSITIVE ACTION TO MAKE THE SHELTER A BETTER PLACE FOR THE ANIMALS.

ALSO SOME ONE SAID WHY IS RODGER GETTING CRUCIFIED IF HE WASN'T EVEN THERE WHEN THIS HAPPENED. MY ANSWER TO THAT IS HE SHOULD OF BEEN THERE DURING ANY AND ALL GASSINGS OF THE ANIMALS PREVENTING SUCH A TRAGIC MISTAKE FROM HAPPING.

IN A NUT SHELL ALL WE WANT HERE IS REFORM AND I WILL DO WHAT I CAN TO SEE IT HAPPEN.

AND YES I WAS AT THE COUNTY MEETING LAST NIGHT.
    WE STATED OUR POINT JUST READ ABOUT IT IN THE N&O.

[/size]
    http://www.newsobserver.com/print/tuesday/city_state/story/1724510p-7987756c.html[/size]

10. Anonymous

WHAT DO YOU THINK THEY HAVE WANTED FROM THE BEGINING?

11. Anonymous

It is really hard to tell what they want.
    Peppercorn the neighbor is on here planning to picket to get Roger fired. Saying Rick needs to be replaced.

Then there is last night that they now want to work with RIck and Roger.

What do they want?
    They cannot have it both ways.

12. Anonymous

Peppercorn never said PICKET so you know.

13. Anonymous

Last night at the meeting at Town Hall, I stated that we, as Habitat for Niko, wanted to assist the county in making sure this grave error never happens again. This is the immediate goal of our group. As long as the county is committed to this effort, I think that we can all work together. If members of the animal control organization do not care or just simply turn their backs on the situation, then things will be different. (This is how that whole “heads must roll,” mentality came about on the posting board) As per Rick Hester last night, he, and the other members of the board, are looking into what happened and are concerned enough to make sure this doesn’t occur again. That is the response we were hoping for. The family will be meeting with him to discuss the finding of the investigation this week.

I am thankful for all those who showed up last night to support the family and Habitat for Niko. I hope all of you and many more, will join us on Saturday for our meeting at Gandolfo’s in Garner. Together we can make a difference in the animal control policies of Johnston County. Sitting around here may be a good outlet, but please come to the meeting so that we can all share our thoughts, ideas, and dreams for a better future for the homeless animals of Johnston County.

14. Anonymous

I never planed to picket.
    I advised those who were looking to picket that they may be more sucessfull on Main St. by the Town Hall.
    I never asked to get Roger fired if he didn't deserve it. If he is willing to help then that's great.
    Habitat for Niko is what I am looking for. A safe place to quarantine the animals without fear that they will ever get confused again and put down the wrong one.

And, yes, i'd really like to see the gas chamber go and lethal injections become the means to put the to sleep.

And the best thing anyone around here - or anywhere else can do - is to get a pet fixed. That last thing we need are more babies being killed. and , no, I am not a member of the JCLAP.

Got that? Whew!

15. Anonymous

Johnston County Animal Shelter Strikes again

16. Anonymous

Just a question to those of you who want to fire Mr. Davis. Can you please tell me what you expect to happen then? Do you think the shelter will close and let the animals run free? Do you think that you will get someone in there who actually cares about animals? I mean, really people, think about the big picture here. Why do you NEVER answer that question?? What do you think will happen? Answer it. All you continue to say is "fire him; who are you?; Roger's wife?; or a supporter of the JCAPL" Sounds like a bunch of elementary students bickering.

If you think it's going to improve, you are all nuts. Why don't some of you apply for his job and see how much better you can handle it. What would you do to make a difference?? Have you been to visit the shelter? OR are you speaking without finding the facts first hand?

Most of you are all talk and uneducated about the matter. If you are so determined to make a difference, stop throwing valuable time here posting crap- which is exactly what it is, shut up and go do something. And don't forget to see if we can actually give an answer to the question this time.

17. Anonymous

To the above guest...

Where were you last night when I was at the county meeting?

Where will you be on Saturday when Habitat for Niko holds it's first meeting?

18. Anonymous

niko

i hope you few complainers get your wonderful habitat for niko and i hope it all comes from donations and not one red cent of tax money.if they want my taxes for this then i'ld just as soon sit down there and shoot em as they are brought in. this is coming from someone with 3 dogs that is responsible enough to look after them and not try to blame the county for their owners lack of responsability.if these wonderful creatures are like your family and your children then take the time to be responsible for them and their actions.they should take the bldg they are using now and let some of the homeless people occupy it instead of a bunch of stray dogs and cats. a new bigger facility just means they'll have more on hand to kill at one time. and NO niko ain't in heaven you ignorant twitts; he was a dog. again; he was a dog. in case you didn't know animals don't have souls to save. heaven is reserved for beleivers; not dogs.

19. Anonymous

To the above guest...

Where were you last night when I was at the county meeting?

Where will you be on Saturday when Habitat for Niko holds it's first meeting?

I did not attend the meeting. I didn't realize that I could even attend. My post was not directed towards you or any others that are realistic towards this situation. I do not agree with having anyone fired and was outraged at the nonsense of some of those people who stated that. I am glad that you and some of the others were present.

20. Anonymous

Are you sure it Was a Jack Russell Terrier? Who told you that??? The reason that I ask is, I LOOOOOOVE Jack Russells~ :(

Unfortunately, now that the Niko and neigbors wimped out yesterday, Roger is back at the end of the week and someone named Chad is being let go without pay.
    So I guess nothing will change :(