Johnston County Animal Control Strike Again!!!

Discussion in 'Cat Dog' started by Anonymous, Oct 5, 2004.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Well-Known Member

Just to clarify ...the following is not bashing. It is a very sincere opposing point of view.
    Then you'd better find a never-ending-ever-increasing stream of cash to keep up with the never-ending-ever-increasing stream of pets. ...Unless of course you go to the source of the stream and figure out how to turn it off.

You're heading down a well worn path. Maybe you can figure out where others went wrong.

Was there ever a time when most of you did care? When will that time come again, because I'd love to read those posts.

Why don't you just make that a part of your overall efforts Mark? You are living proof that people need to be educated on what constitutes "adequate" fencing.

Until you make pet owners way more responsible than they are now, you will only be spinning your wheels, just like so many others before you.

Sorry to be so sunny, but sometimes the truth isn't very pleasant. Prove me wrong!

2. Anonymous

Back to the issues....

What about stricter laws for licensing your pets.? If we had to pay to license our pets in Johnston county that could bring in revenue. I'm talking five bucks a year for fixed pets and maybe thirty five or more for unnueter or unspayed animals. What do you folks think of that ?

Laws that require proper confinment and leash laws are actually on the books from what I am told. However we do not have an Animal Control Police Person, (or whatever you want to call 'em) out there enforcing these issues. We only have the guys/gals in the pick ups taking pets. Another working body strictly to enforce laws and control issues may be a benefit to the county to prevent things before they start.

3. Anonymous

Website

Very cool!

4. Anonymous

Peppercorn, I have agreed with a lot of your post on this board however,
    I must say I disagree with your last post. I am a responsible pet owner
    and don't feel that I should pay for others ignorance or lack of
    responsibility. Keep up the good work.

5. Anonymous

HABITAT FOR NIKO

HABITAT FOR NIKO

6. Anonymous

HABITAT FOR NIKO

HABITAT FOR NIKO

7. Anonymous

I think you should stick to the bake sales and not try to add to my expenses if you want to raise money. That's a **** poor solution and the easy way out to raise money for your little "pet project".

How on the world can you justify even thinking that it's fair to tax the responsible pet owners for those that are not? You sorry "Habitat for Niko" people are going to have to do a whole lot better than that.

Oh, and, nice websight, very in depth. Haven't I seen that dog somewhere before, I believe it was the glue factory! Say, there's a great idea, charge money to view your website, I'm sure the bucks will just roll in after that.

8. Anonymous

niko

the post above this - IDIOT

9. Anonymous

Let me start out by saying that most states charge a animal licensing fee so why should NC. be different.

With that said the jerk who said he saw the dog in a glue factory should be neutered or spayed.
    Also if he/she would stand up once in a while there brain might get some air so they can think and use some common sense.

10. Anonymous

Clueless

And the idiots continue to arrive.

11. Anonymous

Let me say that most counties will fine you for allowing your dog to attack the neighbors puppy so why should Johnston county be any different? Answer that one based on your own circular logic jerk!

12. Anonymous

The county is DAMN lucky that Nikos parents aren't suing the crap out of the county for gassing Niko! Then, they get offered a dog, while CJ's rescue group is given a piece of land??? What is wrong with that picture!
    Habitat For Niko will happen! You moron!

13. Anonymous

niko

and more idiots/morons still coming here. Don't you have anything better and productive to do with your time?????

14. Anonymous

I think you're heading in the right direction, but I don't know if I agree with a yearly fee, and I don't think fees that low will have any effect. How about a steep one time licensing fee and mandatory neutering unless you're a licensed breeder? If you can't fork over a couple hundred dollars for a new dog, you probably don't have the money for a proper fence, vet check-ups, etc, and probably have no business with a dog. This high start-up cost would cause a lot of people to step back and ask "do I really want this dog". Most of the problems are caused by people who can't resist the cute FREE or CHEAP puppy, then lose interest after he's grown.

The officers out there already have the authority, but they have no support from county officials and the court system. The last thing the courts want is a bunch of animal control cases filling up their already crowded dockets. The last thing the commisioners want is a bunch of angry dog owners threatening to sue the county because animal control is too strict. So the big wigs give the animal control officers a citation booklet, but tell them not to use it. "Just play nice and don't rock the boat". That's why the officers' favorite line when you call them is "there's nothing we can do". They have law enforcement powers, but their bosses only expect them to clean the crap, feed the dogs, dispose of everbody's unwanted pets, and smile and patronize everyone they come in contact with no matter how irresponsible or irrational. Getting tough on animal laws is your ticket to getting fired. Even if they did get tough, can you imagine the officers they would need just to sit in court all day? Where are those salaries going to come from?

If you want change, it has to start in your own neighborhood. Hold the pet owners in your neighborhood to account. Press the animal control officers into action when laws have been broken. They will resist but they can't say "no" if you're on the right side of the law. Our laws were made for a reason, and if my neighbors can't respect that, then I couldn't care less how much they get offended.

15. Anonymous

I don't know who made the above post, but I woulld like to. That is the kind of feedback I am looking for. Constructive critism is what i need not bashing.
    Habitat for Niko would not get the money from the one time or annual licensing fee. The Johnston County Animal Shelter would. The money would help pay for better adoption programs and such. some people on this board still act like this is a money maker.

16. Anonymous

BASH, BASH, BASH, BASH, BASH, BASH, BASH, BASH

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

IT IS FUN TO BASH, BASH, BASH, BASH, BASH, BASH, BASH, BASH

ESPECIALLY PEPPERCORN BECAUSE IT GETS ALL BENT OUT OF SHAPE!

BASH, BASH, BASH, BASH, BASH, BASH, BASH, BASH

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

17. Anonymous

Opps, excuse me. I've stumbled into the kindergarten room. <exit>

18. Anonymous

OK children lets play nice.

HABITAT FOR NIKO

19. Anonymous

ahhh Guest, the spine-less twit who can not say anything under their real name.

to hide on a board rather then risk face to face communication...

20. Anonymous

HOW TRUE THAT IS.