Johnston County Animal Control Strike Again!!!

Discussion in 'Cat Dog' started by Anonymous, Oct 5, 2004.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Well-Known Member

meeting places???!!!!

Does anyone know of any halls?

Deck The Halls
    Anthony Michael Hall
    Niagara Halls
    Radio City Music Hall
    Townhall
    Carnegie Hall
    Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and
    National Baseball Hall of Fame
    Country Music Hall of Fame

Im sure if you call any of these "halls" they will let us have a Niko group meeting there!!! :p :p

Pepperass!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

2. Anonymous

8)

Pepperbutt for Shelter Manager!! Woo Hoo Woo Hoo!! :p
    Mark for cage cleaner! woo hoo woo hoo :evil: :twisted:

3. Anonymous

Honey, Possitive is spelled.. POSITIVE
    Sweetiepie, I want to get donations from people to buy you
    "Hooked On Phonics". When we raise the money, we will bring it to the Habitat meeting at Anthony Michael "Hall"

4. peppercorns

peppercorns Well-Known Member

And the above guest for a chew toy for Rabid animals. :D

Thank you so much for allow us to hold the meeting at your house. I'm sure your hall will do nicely. ha ha hee hee ho ho ho

5. Mark

Mark Active Member

I am sure that his "shack" is to dirty and smells. I wouldn't want to be there .
    I bet there are alot of bugs and mice and rodents there also.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HEHEHEHEHEHE :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

6. Anonymous

HABITAT FOR NIKO

awwwwwww, funny farm still hasn't caught you, such a busy person you are. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

7. Anonymous

HABITAT FOR NIKO

AND YOU FOR DOG AND CAT FOOD, OOPS FORGOT THE RATTLESNAKES. :D :D :D

8. Mark

Mark Active Member

If anyone has any possitive input please email Habitat4Niko@yahoo.com

9. Mark

Mark Active Member

Meeting places???

Does anyone know of any halls?

10. peterpan

peterpan Guest

HABITAT FOR NIKO

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Peppercorns and Mark. Great you now have a site for this wonderful program. I hope with all my heart that it becomes an overwhelming success for our furry friends. :D :D :D :p :p :p :wink: :wink: :wink:

11. peppercorns

peppercorns Well-Known Member

My life is going to the dogs....and cats.

12. Jean S

Jean S Well-Known Member

Check with the Kro's Nest. I think they have a large upstairs room. Plus their appetizers and desserts are yummy.... We could meet and snack at the same time..... :)

13. peterpan

peterpan Guest

HABITAT FOR NIKO

The best gratification in the world. you go, PEPPERCORNS

14. Mark

Mark Active Member

If anyone wants to come to the next Habitat4Niko please email us when is a good time for all of you.
    We will set the date and time that way.
    Habitat4Niko@yahoo.com

Thank you all.

15. adoptadog

adoptadog Well-Known Member

Ban the GAS CHAMBER petition

The gas chamber is a problem in animal shelters all across North Carolina. Thousands of dogs and cats die every week at the expense of our tax dollars. These animals are suffering a slow and painful death, and they need you to speak out for them. Contact your county officials, and tell them there is a better way, a painless injection in the leg. Please sign the online petition at the address below.

www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/832620530

16. adoptadog

Gas Chambers in North Carolina

Let Niko's memory bring to light all of the innocent animals who die in gas chambers all across North Carolina every week. Don't forget about them. Many of them never know what it is like to be loved and cared for. Please sign the online petition to ban the gas chamber in North Carolina.

www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/832620530

Michele King

17. Sandy Lewis

Sandy Lewis Well-Known Member

removed

This text has been removed

18. adoptadog

Gas Chamber

If Harnett County can use injections, then so can we. It is the only humane way to kill these thousands of dogs and cats every year. If anyone would like to see a video of these animals dying in the gas chamber, email me and I will send it to you. Or ask a shelter worker who hears their cries and screams. They ARE suffering!
    As far as cost, studies show that the gas chamber is more expensive in the long run. (I can email that to you as well.) It is also more harmful to shelter workers, including one man who died in Tennessee recently. He died while removing the dead dogs after inhaling gas. Mental and emotional problems for shelter workers should also be considered.

19. Sandy Lewis

Sandy Lewis Well-Known Member

This text has been removed

20. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

GC

After doing my own research on the chamber, I now understand why only one method is not adequate. Some animals DO have negative reactions to the chamber. Very old, sick, or very young animals should not be put in the chamber (if any animal really should have too be put down :( but thats just another story). As far as injection goes, if it is not done correctly, it is a very awful, painful death. I know some people say well, duh..that's a given (done properly). BUT you all know as well as I do that it won't always been done so safely and carefully, unfortunately.

Don't get me wrong, our shelter MUST change for the better. Something I heard from an animal control officer about a week ago made me sick. He was "lovingly" referring to some of the dogs from the shelter as "convicts". That is absolutely pitiful.

Anyway, I just felt compelled to offer my 2 cents.

So, when is the next meeting for Habitat? Does anyone know what changes have been made, if any? Thanks!