Johnston County Schools

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by 1_more_PitBull, Aug 28, 2019.

1. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

Didn’t address Corky’s question at all. Just repeated what is already known.

2. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

“The male was asked not to be alone in the same room with the female but no further action was taken against him, or anything to protect the victim.”

Again, this quote perfectly describes an example of the “Jezebel Narrative”, commonly used whenever a woman complains about sexual aggression and intimidation in a workplace. Notice that the onus of responsibility is not placed on the male perpetrator, but oddly falls on the female, as the victim is suddenly viewed as the “enticer”, or “temptress” although in reality, she is doing nothing but trying to work undisturbed. The male aggressor’s behavior can then be conveniently excused, or worse, subtly encouraged, as it implies that men have no real control or agency over their sexual feelings, and so, must not be in the same room with a female! (Boys will be boys....wink, wink, nudge, nudge!) Unbelievably, that was the addled-brained, retrograde “solution” offered in this case, where the terms were decided by the men, and the victim’s participation in the resolution was effectively denied. But imagine what this kind of “solution” does to a woman who may be working hard to advance herself in the workplace? How can any woman advance, or even work productively for that matter, if her male coworkers effectively deny any contact with her, especially when men still hold most of the administrative power? I hope that more women, rather than quit their jobs, use the technology available to them to collect evidence that can be used in a court of law against these ugly perpetrators who continue to not only blame the victim, but also go on to insidiously try to destroy a woman’s moral character and career. It is practically the only way for a woman to protect herself from a “he said/she said” stalemate that frequently arises in these types of cases.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2020
    Melon, BobF, Sherry A. and 2 others like this.
  3. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

Actually, it did if you read the information.

4. BuzzMyMonkey

No it didn’t one bit, it’s the same story. I see it as Corky looking for clarification on what he hi-lighted in red. “If it’s how it usually goes in this area “
    Please show where and when it’s happened before??
    Who else got a golden parachute like this ??
    Repeating the same article/story does nothing for that question. It’s already known this lady shouldn’t of had to go thru all this. It wasn’t right.

poppin cork likes this.
  5. poppin cork

poppin cork Well-Known Member

QFT, Thanks

6. poppin cork

Nice op-ed. Thanks, but it doesn't answer your previous allegations as far as the County of Johnston.

7. Wayne Stollings

I am sorry if neither of you comprehend the passage of time. It is the same story which has been the same inaction for two years now. Two years of the same old same old qualifies as the way things go in these parts. There was a complaint and the complaint was ignored because the MAN had connections. There were other complaints which were not only ignored but the people were threatened for trying to investigate and rectify the situation. There is STILL no resolution of the issue at this point unless you have information that others do not.

8. Wayne Stollings

9. BuzzMyMonkey

10. Wayne Stollings

https://abc11.com/Johnston-County-B...f-corruption-sexual-assault-cover-up/5808711/

JOHNSTON COUNTY, N.C. (WTVD) -- Dozens of Johnston County residents showed up to a press conference on the steps of the county courthouse to demand answers about corruption claims within the school board.

One woman asked about a video of a school employee being followed to her car, and chair members abruptly ended the conversation.

"Thank you, that's enough questions," Johnston County School Board Chair Todd Sutton said before grabbing his papers and walking away.

Before the tense moment, Sutton set out to rebuke claims of criminal activity, corruption and mishandling of public funds.

"That is totally untrue," said Sutton.

He did however say he recently heard an audio recording he found concerning.

The tape apparently had a recording of a male district employee making sexual advances on a female employee while she repeatedly asked him to stop.

"I have a daughter and a wife at home. If that was to take place, I would want to see justice taken care of," Sutton said.

But Ronald Johnson, another school board member, said he stands by his claims other district leaders are failing students and staff.

He provided a packet of emails he said shows one board member engaged in a conflict of interest and used their position on the school board to boost business.

Johnson also said district leaders were aware of sexual harassment incidents, one of which was caught on surveillance video on school property.

"They already have some (video). They've done nothing with what they have," said Johnson.

He said the board has been trying to sweep the incidents under the rug.

"They have failed to talk to the female employee. They know her identity because it is on camera," he said.

There have been calls for the State Bureau of Investigation to handle the case.

An official for the SBI said the agency has not received any evidence and will usually only investigate if the request has been made by a local sheriff or District Attorney.

11. poppin cork

QFT Again.

12. Wayne Stollings

13. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

I seriously doubt that anything will be done in this case. And even if the victim had undeniable evidence that she was being sexually intimidated on the job, I doubt that even that would help. Every woman in the workforce knows that this is a problem that has been going on for quite some time, with 90% of victims never reporting the offense. Of course, even though the offense may not make it to the courts, women do confide in one another as to which male supervisor creep to avoid. Those are the good women, although I daresay even these women are few and far between, as statistics show that the victim tends to be shunned by EVERYONE in the workplace. Male or female, people tend to protect their own self-interests, it appears. So when I say that women should RECORD THEIR OFFENDERS in the act, what I mean to say is that while it will probably take a miracle for a victimized woman to find justice in certain male-dominated workplaces, at least with proof, she can prevent the psychological damage that occurs when a victim is not believed, or worse, blamed entirely for the offenses of the perpetrator. Then again, a victim can always post her evidence to YouTube and let the chips fall where they may.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2020
    Wayne Stollings and Sherry A. like this.
  14. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

In my opinion, “in these parts” can mean anywhere in the world. (Not trying to make this the political pit)—-We have Trump as POTUS and he’s been accused by multiple women, Epstein, Clinton—-although people believed the woman, Weinstein, etc. A lot of women believe they will be persecuted for bringing it forward

Wayne Stollings likes this.
  15. BuzzMyMonkey

Oh here we go.

16. poppin cork

So you two women had rather post op Ed's than discuss facts. OK

17. Wayne Stollings

I believe you tried to avoid the facts with a passion and the help of your pet ape ...... how long should a woman wait for some action to stop sexual harassment? Not one year as that has already passed. Not two years as that too has already passed. Maybe three years is the magic number? Should supporting audio make a difference? Supporting video, maybe? Witnesses? What? Bring on the FACTS on what has been done to stop the abuse and why has it not been successful after all this time?

Sherry A. likes this.
  18. BuzzMyMonkey

LOL,, Damn dude is clearly are a few peas shy of a pea salad. ACW being ACW. Comprehension and interpretation always trips him up as he spins away.
    If only he could understand clearly what was said and not go rambling on like an uncontrolled loudmouth.
    News Flash ,,, there’s no one denying what has happened to this lady, get over your condescending self already.

poppin cork likes this.
  19. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Well I don’t know the facts in this case because the women seem afraid to come forward. I thought your question was “what does in these parts mean” and I gave my opinion. Please specify your question!

20. BuzzMyMonkey

He clearly specified his question and it wasn’t “what does it mean”. You can easily go back and read again to see.
    When and where ?? Follow along closely now.

poppin cork likes this.