Johnston School Board Not Playing Fair??

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by PoohBear, May 2, 2013.

1. Palisade

Palisade Well-Known Member

And now there's nothing about it on the WRAL site. A site search for "Withrow" shows the article from May 2, but nothing about an appeal being denied.

2. Webmaster

Webmaster Administrator

3. C me Now BMM

C me Now BMM Well-Known Member

Was it Radio??

4. Lucky1

Lucky1 Well-Known Member

Last edited: May 16, 2013
  5. C me Now BMM

I don't know, I've read all the posts and stories and all but the fact of the matter when it comes to firearms or weapons you damn well should be responsible enough to know where they are and if they were properly secured. To me also is he's an Eagle Scout and whether its right or wrong along with that title should be one with a sharper more precise knowledge of some things.
    To me there is a higher standard you have worked hard at putting yourself at and in that especially is the proper handling of weapons. Which he did not do.

Based on the lawyers letter I sense someone there which may be Cole himself has handled himself with the dignity of an Eagle Scout and bearing the full responsibility of ones actions.
    If only others could come even close to that it would be a much better world we live in.

6. Lucky1

Lucky1 Well-Known Member

Breaking News: Cole Withrow, the Johnston County teen who was arrested and suspended for bringing two unloaded shotguns to school, said Thursday that he lied to the principal when he said he didn't realize the guns were in the vehicle. He pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor weapons charge and received a suspended sentence.

From WRAL.com

7. C me Now BMM

So any apologies to school system from some of you here.

8. RealityCheck

RealityCheck Well-Known Member

Doubt it...most are probably recovering from those pulled muscles they got from jumping to conclusions before all the facts were known.

9. Lucky1

Lucky1 Well-Known Member

I doubt all the facts are in, but it is no matter. It is done.

10. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

http://www.wral.com/teen-who-brough-guns-to-school-admits-he-lied-pleads-guilty/12453823/

But Principal Kirk Denning and sheriff's Deputy Adam Davis, who arrested Withrow, presented a different picture of what happened. In court, Doyle read statements from the men, who said the teen lied when he told staffers that he only realized the guns were in his truck after he went to the vehicle to retrieve a bookbag and a drink.

Doyle said security video from the school shows Withrow never went to his truck. He purchased a drink from a concession area and was talking to other students at the time he claimed to be in the parking lot.

Davis said it would have been impossible for Withrow not to know the guns were in the vehicle. He said the end of the barrel of one of the guns was near the gas pedal.

According to Davis, Withrow was texting and laughing as he taken to jail, saying "Ha, ha, my friends are going to start a petition about why I'm being charged with this."

Doyle said the situation was "frustrating" for school officials, who could not talk publicly about the case because of confidentiality laws.

11. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Everyone supporting Cole was going on the facts that were known/reported AT THE TIME. And frankly, JoCo screws up more often than they get it right, so anyone looking for an "apology" is welcome to sit and spin as far as I am concerned. Two wrongs don't make a right. Period.

And dollars to donuts his little "admission" was part of pleading down to a misdemeanor. Anyone else?

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2013
  12. C me Now BMM

LOL, pleading down? Just like any gun owner a responsible one knows where his weapon or gun is, and very well should. We all know a weapon at school is an absolute no no, it's no different at an airport if your dumb enough to carry a weapon to the gate well good luck to you.. School should be no different.. this day and age and some of the crazy things we've seen lets not downplay what was a serious situation or could've been.. It's zero tolerance,,

13. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Are you so quick to jump on anything I post, smartass, that you missed the part where I said TWO WRONGS DON'T MAKE A RIGHT?

God you are insufferable. Reading comprehension is truly a lost art.

Oh and the part about pleading down. Did you also miss where he was charged with a FELONY and plead guilty to a MISDEMEANOR? BIG fricking difference jackwagon. Go back under your bridge.

14. C me Now BMM

insufferable? boy that's a big one.. relax sweet pea.. I have no bridge.

15. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

You are nothing but a condescending troll. Need to look that one up to?

16. C me Now BMM

No,, why do you ask.

17. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

:lol::lol:

18. Palisade

Palisade Well-Known Member

I don't think my post warrants an apology.

However, I am certainly ticked off at the student. I was rooting for him and rather upset that the school system was treating him so poorly. Now I find out that he lied.

It's Lance Armstrong all over again.

So, why would I jump to the defense of others? Next time I hear of a little guy being stomped on by "the man", I'll just sit in my comfy chair and let things be. Better that than the embarrassment of defending someone who, in reality, deserved what he got and then some.

19. C me Now BMM

Good because I didn't say it did,, You didn't go off all gun ho looking for blood like others did. As it is and was I think those that made the decisions done so properly and even looks as though they even gave the kid a break he may not of deserved.

Some reminded me of Al Sharpton and Rev Jackson here, lets see if they continue to act like them after the facts have come out.

20. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

I wonder if the new information will affect the scholarship offer from Liberty.