Johnston School Board Not Playing Fair??

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by PoohBear, May 2, 2013.

1. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

absolutely a true statement right there.

This story (news article) is a joke, just like the Johnston County School Board AND most of the Administrators in place at the schools.

I have two years left watching this 3-ring circus go on.....and it can't come soon enough.

Last edited: May 28, 2013
  2. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

This doesn't state how they found out about them either.

3. Shadow Rider

Shadow Rider Well-Known Member

Didn't they find out because he called someone and they (school officials) over heard it? (Asking, not stating as fact).

4. C me Now BMM

C me Now BMM Well-Known Member

Well he was fortunate that he doesn't have a felony charge on his record, regardless if he was forced to plead down.. he broke the law regardless of intent or not.. It should be a good hard lesson for him and anyone else who doesn't properly and responsibly take care of a weapon they own and always know if its properly secured.

5. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I'll tell you what my take-home from all this has been, God help my child if he makes a mistake, because JoCo Schools are way more interested in protecting their own (i.e. the teacher who made a very similar error in judgement) than they are the future of our kids. This kid's life could have been ruined. This was a damn mess from start to finish and could have been handled so much better from the beginning by ALL sides.

6. C me Now BMM

And if his life was ruined he had no one else to blame but himself... if he's not responsible enough to know where his guns are than he shouldn't own one.

7. KellBell

Agreed. But it's total Bull- shiz how JoCo school Board operates.

8. KellBell

You hit the nail on the head. The JoCo School Board/Administrators Nimrods, their agenda is way off. The future of our kids? HA. What a joke. I feel sorry for the teachers who are really teachers and care about kids and have to deal with these clowns on the daily.

9. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

My heart goes out to anyone having to deal with the JoCo School Board. I am so glad they are in our rear view mirror.

Sherry

10. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

I know that was part of the original news report, however knowing that you have screwed up why wouldn't you keep your mouth shut about it? I seriously doubt they were hanging in a rack in the back window (as we used to do when I went to school here in JoCo) or seriously doubt they were out and about in general sight either.

11. C me Now BMM

Which is why this kid was lucky to be able plead down. I'm pretty sure he didn't feel like he was forced too as was stated here earlier.

12. cynadon

cynadon Well-Known Member

I supported the boy origanally. If the gun was behind the seat you can forget. Between the seats, no! I parked at NCSU one morning and realized I had a rifle behind the seat of my truck. I skippped class and went back to work. That was 22 years ago when guns weren't a big deal. If he would have gone home and skipped or been late, nobody would care today and he would graduate.

13. KellBell

he absolutely was forced to.

14. C me Now BMM

I assume he had the option to either plead quilty to a misdemeanor or take the felony charge and fight it thru court which by the looks of things would've been found quilty. Look he willfully and deliberately carried a gun onto school property and rightfully should've been charged as such. I guess you can call it a forced admission. As I said the kid was extremely fortunate to have had that option to choose based on the intent of his actions. His own actions forced himself to plead not the DA.

15. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

Word has it (though i can not confirm but the source is usually reliable) that Cole Winthrow will be on the Mike Huckabee show tomorrow on Fox News. Evidently he got his diploma Friday morning and will be sharing perhaps a different side of the story than what was published.

Apparently Larry Strickland (JoCo School Board Chairman) looked a little uneasy at a graduation today. No word as to why.