July 4th Celebration! Make your plans to be there!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Webmaster, Jun 24, 2006.

?

Will you be spending July 4th here or travelling?

1. Here!

100.0%
  2. Travelling

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Songbrd001

Songbrd001 Well-Known Member

As far as I know, we (for newcomers...the band CC Ryders) will play from 6-9pm and the fireworks will follow.

Hopefully that will not include "IF YOU DRIVE A MAROON EXPEDITION, PLEASE MOVE YOUR VEHICLE" :lol:

Also, I am currently lining up some entertainment to sing after the parade, around 11am. So far I have the winner of Gimme the Mike, Holland, coming out to sing a few.

Wooohooo! Ya'll welcome Pepps to the line up :)

2. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Even better . . . we will have ice cold bottled water to hand out along with American flags.

3. Songbrd001

Here are a few pics from the entertainment last year...
    sorry so many are of our band, but it was on our website so that was kinda the point at the time, lol... :lol:

July 4th, 2005

4. frugalmomoftwo

frugalmomoftwo Well-Known Member

We will definitely be at the parade for our third year. The girls love the candy, flags, goofy giveaways, firetrucks, marching band......

I love the 4042.com rucksacks! :wink: :lol:

5. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

Mine are funny at parades. When the candies are thrown out the youngest will scramble to pick up the ones he likes and leaves the rest in the road. :? Don't most kids just grab all they can?! LOL
    Maybe a silly question but... What is a rucksack? :shock:

6. MissyPrissy

MissyPrissy Well-Known Member

The rucksack is what Webbie is giving away at the 4th celebration. :wink:

7. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

No no no! Pick up ALL the candy and hand out what you don't like at Halloween!!! :lol:

8. MissyPrissy

MissyPrissy Well-Known Member

ROTF!

9. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Frugal would like that idea :D

10. Webmaster

Webmaster Administrator

11. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I HAVE to have one!!!!

12. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Hope they have enough to go around.

13. Webmaster

Webmaster Administrator

Schedule for the 4th

July 4th activities and times:

All activities will take place by the 'OLD SCHOOL' on Cleveland Road across from D.R. Wells Cleveland Emporium, by the Cleveland Ball Fields.

7:00 am - 9:30 am
    Pancake Breakfast , Oakland Presbyterian Church

10:00 am
    Parade

10:30 am - 2:00 pm
    Vendor Booths
    On Stage Entertainment
    Contests and Games
    Free Inflatables

2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
    Pick-up Softball Games
    Field Day Activities.

6:00 pm
    Street Dance will begin at 6:00 pm.
    Live on stage - The CC Ryders Band!

9:00 pm (dusk)
    Fireworks!!

14. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

sooooooo where EXACTLY do I need to be to snag one of these babies??

er, um ... pm me! [​IMG] LOL

15. Songbrd001

Yes, a whole page ad and they said 'street dance' rather than using the band name. I think this is the only location we play at that doesn't use our name to attract people :roll: *sigh* Maybe we'll make the follow-up article :lol:

16. frugalmomoftwo

frugalmomoftwo Well-Known Member

Too funny!! :lol:

17. ForeverFaithful

ForeverFaithful Well-Known Member

I want one of the bags, but won't be able to get one due to not going too far right now and getting tired and worn out easily so won't be going to the parade or anything like that. Will just be here at home. We were going to have a cook out but unfortunatley some things have come up with some of the people that were going to come so now it just looks like us and possibley my brother and one of his daughters. What a bummer!!!! :( Was looking forward to having some people come over and visit and and stuff, but.....

Anyway, hope everyone has a good time!

18. Songbrd001

After you eat.. come out and hear the band/see the fireworks FF! Miss you!!!! *hugs*

19. ForeverFaithful

ForeverFaithful Well-Known Member

Thanks Songbird. Won't make any promises, but will have to wait and see how I feel and what the rest of the family wants to do. If we don't make it, hope all goes well and I wish everyone a Happy and safe 4th!!!

Go to Wal-Mart and get your fireworks!!!! Helping out my son and the CHS Marching Band. If my son sells the "Big Bang ~ $500" he will get his fairshare paid for. Just ask which one is Kyle. He works tonight until 5:00 at the tent!

I know, shameless plug here, but it's a mom thing! :p

20. peppercorns

peppercorns Well-Known Member

Next year I think I'll rent a maroon expedition and see if I can get it blown up by fireworks......

Ahhh by the way - that would be me singing. If I do ok clap and if I don't clap anyway - I'll pay ya'll later.....