just a heads up

Discussion in 'Jobs Network' started by sirputz, Sep 25, 2010.

1. sirputz

sirputz Well-Known Member

Volt Workforce in Fuquay Varina will probably be looking for a few good people to work at the Caterpillar Plant in Clayton soon....I know a few who have left already (one on his own choice, another was walked out because he couldn't hack it.) It's not a bad place to work, and decent pay.....So, be on the lookout for CL ads about workers needed....Hope this can help anyone like it did me....I was out for 1.5 years!

*Volt is no longer the Agency staffing at Caterpillar Clayton --- It is now thru Belcan. They are located in Clayton now (was Smithfield. Jennifer is the Agency Rep at Cat, so if you call the plant and ask for the Belcan Rep, you should be able to get her and get some information.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2011
  2. grandma4

grandma4 Well-Known Member

just saw this- was anyone hired thru Volt? are they still hiring? which shift? thanks.

3. Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle Well-Known Member

Good news that CAT may be hiring again, even if it may be through an agency. Any hiring is better than another layoff.

4. Quincy8Boy

Quincy8Boy Well-Known Member

I worked through Volt at John Deere in Fuquay a few years ago. John Deere starts building gators, mowers for next summer now.

Good pay. $10/hr and overtime. 10 hours a day. (But, before the economy yadda, yadda)

Very hard work and you get trained on mechanical parts, and six sigma stuff and then take a test. Don't pass. No job.

5. lynkrn

lynkrn Member

6. sirputz

sirputz Well-Known Member

*BUMP*

And Caterpillar has announced that in May they will be having another Belcan Staffing class (so you can apply at the Smithfield Office for Belcan, if you want to work thru the staffing agency, or feel you may stand a better chance of getting hired thru them)

And a Caterpillar Class in June, (this is direct Hire, with benefits)

From what I know, the Belcan Pay is 9.50/hr with .50 increases every 6 months for 2 years. Caterpillar pays quite a bit more. If you hire thru Belcan, you have to have around 500 hours before you can apply to be Caterpillar.

They should also be hiring again in the fall, but that is just my guess.

Happy job hunting!