Just sad..

Discussion in 'Cat Dog' started by JenniferK, Jun 26, 2007.

1. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

2. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

He's so ugly he's cute!! :mrgreen:

3. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

I saw him and he is adorable! But Mom needs a girl doggie.

He is precious though!

4. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

If a male was neutered at a young age, the hormone level is pretty level, so there may not be any problems with the Alpha dog. Just a thought if you find the perfect dog but he happens to be a he. :)

Dogs will "hump" other dogs as a method of dominating whether they are opposite sex or not.

5. JenniferK

I will keep that in mind!

6. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

Oh my goodness, I would take Verdel or Weasley based on their adorable faces alone! I simply can't resist a smushed face dog!! :mrgreen:

[​IMG]

Repeating the chant myself... I don't need another dog, I don't need another dog, I don't need another dog, I don't need another dog, I don't need another dog, I don't need another dog, I don't need another dog, I don't need another dog...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 28, 2007
  7. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

I know that Weasley picture you posted looks almost identical to my little boy that past away back in Nov.2006 :cry:

8. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Oh Jenn, i am so sorry to hear about your Mom's loss - my heart goes out to her:cry:

9. ready2cmyKing

Jenn, any luck with the dog search?

10. ready2cmyKing

[​IMG]

Hi,
    My girlfriend's uncle has a Chihuahua named Yoyo (also called Elvie) that he has decided not to keep, because he's moving into a new house. He was going to put her down, but I decided to try to find a place for her if I can. Right now, my girlfriend's dad is taking care of her. She's ~8-9 years old, is up to date on all shots, etc, and is fairly mild mannered. She doesn't really bite or snap, but she does take a little time to get used to her surroundings. She likes to sit in my lap while I watch TV, and rarely barks or yaps except when playing with my girlfriend's other dog (and even then, it's not much). Honestly, I usually don't care for Chihuahuas much, just cause all the yapping gets annoying, but Yoyo has grown on me.

I am trying to find a home for Yoyo soon, or she may end up staying at my house, and I can't really afford to take care of a dog (I'm at work 40+ hours/week). If you would be interested in taking Yoyo, please email me or give me a call at 919-412-6434.

I have put together a website to hopefully help in the quest to find Yoyo a home. saveyoyo DOT blogspot DOT com

Thanks,
    Chris

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/pet/362973609.html

11. Bren

Bren Well-Known Member

Jenn, I just read this. I'm so sorry. :-( I remember how upset my mom was when she had to put her little dog to sleep. I really hope you are able to find her another little doggie.

Brenda

12. ready2cmyKing

I'm posting the ones on Craigslist so you can see them at work, Jenn. This little girl's face looks so sweet.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

awwwwww, how sweet does that dog look?

14. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Saying to myself like others on this board..."I CANNOT get another pet!"

15. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Oh I CANT get another pet, or HG would be no more! :lol:

Check the landfill if I come up missing :lol:

16. JenniferK

Hey guys....

I'm still looking.

I've emailed about Yoyo, and the posting with the terrier is kinda suspicious, but I'm emailing back and forth with them now.

I also have someone bringing over a westie on Sunday afternoon to meet mom and Tree (Dad's dog).

So we're still looking and I'll keep you updated!

17. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Good luck girl.

18. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

Here is a post I got from "Freecycle"

I have a small dog that actually looks like a fox-reddish brown mixed
    with chichahua & pomerian. Has not been fixed. Needs to be in area so
    he can run preferrably fenced area but is housebroken. Will deliver
    today within reasonable distance.

19. JenniferK

Mom and dad don't have a fenced in yard, so that won't work. Actually, I thought I'd found the perfect dog for her on petfinder, but the lady won't even consider us because the yards not fenced in... :(

The westie was a big bomb. He came over to visit, and although Tree was happy to see another doggie, the westie did not like Tree at all. It was more than just a comfortability issue, he just plain ol' didn't like him. So we're back to square one, still looking.

20. rushlow2004

rushlow2004 Well-Known Member

Sometimes it takes a little more time to have them warm up. When I adopted my second pug that is 3 yrs old, it still took them a day to get along where I thought they would be ok..now are best buds. Sometimes it might take longer. Turns out my first pug was a little more food agressive then I thought and she did get the new pugs foot the first day. Now I know I can't feed them at the same time. They both went over to my sisters while I was at the Outer Banks for 10 days last week, and they had one dog that didn't like my pugs, it took a couple of days before they all got along. I hope you can find another one for you mom, I know it must be so hard for her. It took me over 6 months to find Lucy.
    Sheri