Kaci's Longtime friend

Discussion in 'Cat Dog' started by casidycoop, Aug 21, 2007.

1. casidycoop

casidycoop Guest

I am new to 4042.com, But my Mother/in law or by love she likes to say...Kaci is a long time member. She has had a great loss to her family today....Her dog Myan:cry: This dog was the greatest. And she has had her for 17yrs! I thought maybe we could send her some encouraging words!

2. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Thanks sweet dil - i finally stopped crying after calling my Mom and waking her up - my Mayan was my baby girl and has been the most faithful loyal loving best friend anyone could ever ask for.

My DS and i just came in from crying together and remembering all the times in our lives she has made our life so much more blessed. i laid her down on her favorite rug in the bathroom (you know what i mean) to rest for the night and tomorrow i will dig her grave and put her down to rest. Honestly, it feels like a chunk of my heart just got torn out.

3. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Ooooooooooooh... Kaci, honey lots hugs and kisses... I'm so sorry to hear about Mayan, I know she was your special baby! :cry:

{{{{{{{{{ Kaci }}}}}}}}} and Dixie sends a special doggie-slurp to you too.

4. dephygravitee

dephygravitee Well-Known Member

Oh Kaci! So sorry for your loss....I know there is nothing that I can say to alleviate your sadness...but you are in my thoughts and prayers today!

5. Bren

Bren Well-Known Member

Kaci I am so so sorry for the loss of your doggie. 17 years is a long time to have loved her. I know you feel like your heart has been torn in two. I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Brenda

6. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Oh sweetie, I'm sorry. Even though you knew her time was coming, it doesn't make it any easier I know. I'm thinking about you today. (((hugs)))

7. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

So sorry about your loss, Kaci. I know our pets are part of our families, and it hurts so much to lose one, even though we know they can't live forever. You and Mayan must have made some wonderful memories in all that time. {{{{{Kaci}}}}}

Last edited: Aug 21, 2007
  8. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

Oh Kaci I'm so sorry for your loss. I just can't imagine. :cry:

9. ssmm

ssmm Well-Known Member

Oh, how sad my heart is for you. So many here from your 4042 family know the pain you feel... and are hurting with you. I am so sorry :-(

10. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

Kaci, I am so sorry for your loss. You are such a good pet mommy, I know she is in heaven right now bragging to all the other dogs about how good her life was.

[​IMG]Rainbow Bridge [​IMG]
    [SIZE=+1]Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
    There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
    There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
    The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

[/SIZE]

11. Pickle

Pickle Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for you Kaci. I will be thinking about you. I am sure you made Mayan's 17 years wonderful.

12. peaches

peaches Well-Known Member

So sorry you lost your friend, but what a great long life you gave her! I'm sure she loved you as much as you loved her.

13. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

Kaci~ Oh honey, I am so sorry. :cry:

It ain't easy losing a beloved pet. ((((hugs))))

14. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Kaci, everyone has already expressed my thoughts, but you have my sincerest sympathies, hugs coming your way. :cry:

15. le

le Well-Known Member

Thoughts and prayers to you and your dh kaci. May God keep little Mayan happy and safe till you see her again.

16. elims

elims Well-Known Member

Kaci, I'm so sorry to hear about Mayan!!! Just remember, she'll always be with you ... *hugs*

17. zookeeper

zookeeper Well-Known Member

Kaci,

So sorry to hear of your loss, I know how heartbroken you must be. I believe, one day we'll all be rejoined with those we love, both human and fur - until then, you have a lot of wonderful memories of your dear friend. My thoughts are with you.

18. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Thank you all so very much for all your kind words and thoughts - i knew her time was coming but i guess i wasn't as ready for as i thought. i had told everyone that when it happened i wanted her to just go to sleep peacefully and blessedly that is what she did. After we had our little night time cuddling, i got up to put away dinner and she was in the kitchen with me like she always is and she just laid down and went to sleep. When i checked on her she wasn't breathing but it still took me at least an hour to quit looking for her to breath again:cry:

Thanks for listening to me ramble on, it is what i have been doing to everyone in my family and friends all day. She gave us all a beautiful 16 years (sorry Cass, just 16, not 17 till 10/15) and was a true member of our family.

ljk, thank you so much for that poem, i am printing it out to use when we have our little service for her - it is really beautiful and uplifting.

19. froggerplus

froggerplus Well-Known Member

{{{{{{Sweetheart}}}}}}

Love you. Sending pet love from Angelina too!!

Frogger

20. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

Kaci, so sorry to hear about Mayan. Hugs to ya....