Kaci's Longtime friend

Discussion in 'Cat Dog' started by casidycoop, Aug 21, 2007.

1. Rostrawberry

Rostrawberry Well-Known Member

I would think its normal but than everyone deals with pet death differently. Less than 4 weeks ago, my dh's dog passed away (family dog lived with dh's parents) I think they had her for 10 or 11 years.

Well a week ago, they got a new dog. The whole thing was too weird for me.

2. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Sad day, it has been a year today:cry:

3. Bren

Bren Well-Known Member

:grouphug: I'm thinking about ya girl.

4. INTHEBUFF

INTHEBUFF Well-Known Member

From one dog lover to another, my prayers are with you. Some people just don't understand how we come to love our dogs/animals so much. But I consider it their loss not mine. Glad to hear you have 17 years of memories.

5. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, Kaci. I dread the anniversary of our lil' "doodlebug", Elvis.

6. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Thanks folks i appreciate it and PG, it is hard, for some reason when you realize it has been a year it all comes flying back - my heart truly goes out to all those that have lost their fourlegged babies. It does get easier as time goes on but i guess the 1 year mark is just a little tougher than every day.

7. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

Hugs to you. :grouphug:

Big WOOF WOOF is 7 y/o now.

8. Jocomom

Jocomom Well-Known Member

I am so very sorry for your loss. I said a prayer for you and your family.

9. ForeverFaithful

ForeverFaithful Well-Known Member

Kaci ~ I am so sorry to hear about your loss. With not having internet and dealing with own situation, I have not really paid much attention to too many things. I sincerely apologize for the oversite. I hope that you and your family are doing better.

(((hugs)))
    FF

10. Snuffleufogous

Snuffleufogous Well-Known Member

I'm very sorry to hear about your loss, Kaci. I know that Mayan was a wonderful companion.

11. VivianS

VivianS Well-Known Member

It does get better as the years go on. It's been almost 20 yrs since I lost my beautiful Samoyed and over the years I have gotten to the point were I can look at his pic and smile instead of cry. :)

12. froggerplus

froggerplus Well-Known Member

Hey Kaci~

Thinking about you lately. {{{Big hugs}}}

Love you!
    Frogger

13. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

My thoughts are with you and your furry friend!

I have had to live through it a couple of times, I don't know how well I will do if our current one leaves us.